Panel hearing

DragRacing101

Sounds to me like you were told you were going to be terminated for attendance. Your steward told you to file a grievance. You didn't do it in the time frame your contract says so they walked you out.

I don't know your contract but this could end badly. Wish you the best of luck.
I was never told to file a grievance, only to come to work we need you.....didn't know about the grievance till afterwards

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sounds to me like you were told you were going to be terminated for attendance. Your steward told you to file a grievance. You didn't do it in the time frame your contract says so they walked you out.

I don't know your contract but this could end badly. Wish you the best of luck.
Those sups were sneaky, they did it all on a Saturday during peak, knowing he would call in!

DragRacing101

Your steward didn't say anything you when they brought you into the office and said you were on what you call an intent to terminate?
Nope, I rarely get called to the office for anything and when the told me to come to work I did.....not until 19 days afterwards I heard anything.....I'm never late.....so I was little surprised when they told me this last week....

DragRacing101

Attendance is not a Cardinal Offense, so I don't see how he got to notice if termination without the 3-4 prior steps being skipped. Something is missing here.
I'm pretty sure I'll be reinstated.......I'm the best driver but I don't cause any issues and pretty much keep my head down.....just praying this turns into a suspension.....

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
There is where your grievance should be fought. In our building it's verbal, verbal, warning letter, notice is suspension, notice of discharge. We grieve every step from warning letter forward.
???? I grieve warning letters and verbal and written discipline

Fido

I didn't know
There is a process like he said for discipline unless it’s a “cardinal” offense. Calling out is not a cardinal offense. There is a process for calling out and it’s 1 hour before start time. If you did everything right per the contract the local hearing will most likely be in your favor

542thruNthru

Attendance is not a Cardinal Offense, so I don't see how he got to notice if termination without the 3-4 prior steps being skipped. Something is missing here.
My understanding is that most locals either have an agreement or don't on how attendance is handled also depending on their supp all they need is a warning letter on file to go to termination. Also it sounds like he was brought in and told he was being served an intent to terminate (working termination). At that point he should have filed a grievance to stop the process.

In local all non cardinal infractions are working termination and you have 10 days to file a grievance or it stands.

Again, I'm only going off some of the contract info I know around the country and what I've seen on here. I could be wrong about his grievance procedure but it does sound very similar to ours.

DragRacing101

My understanding is that most locals either have an agreement or don't on how attendance is handled also depending on their supp all they need is a warning letter on file to go to termination. Also it sounds like he was brought in and told he was being served an intent to terminate (working termination). At that point he should have filed a grievance to stop the process.

In local all non cardinal infractions are working termination and you have 10 days to file a grievance or it stands.

Again, I'm only going off some of the contract info I know around the country and what I've seen on here. I could be wrong about his grievance procedure but it does sound very similar to ours.
That is correct

Fido

The only time I’ve seen immediate push for working termination is on managements claim of integrity issues here