Part time Courier Houston

Star B

White Lightening
same here. Can't do anything at 0400 anyway other than walmart and a couple of gas stations -- might as well be at work so I can be done by 1000

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm actually in a little different situation. I'm a current regional airline pilot that is trying to get on with Fedex. Fedex is literally THE primo flying job in the world, for a lot of reasons. They generally hire Astronauts, Air Force One guys, and Carrier Pilots. I'm a blue collar second career guy who can't compete with that kind of pedigree but I'm not afraid of work. After 6 months online as a permanent part timer I'll be able to apply internally skip the line and get an interview. Getting an interview is by far the hardest part as there are over 18,000 apps on file. I know I'll have to finish my year commitment If I'm lucky enough to make the cut but that's a small price to pay for my dream job. Anyways I really appreciate all of the advice and input and I'll continue to troll around this board to see what else I can learn.
You're already an established pilot and you shouldn't have to pay your dues all over again, especially for this mega dysfunctional company.

I don't think it's a good idea.

vantexan

You're already an established pilot and you shouldn't have to pay your dues all over again, especially for this mega dysfunctional company.

I don't think it's a good idea.
Whatever else FedEx is he's right that it's the premier pilot job in the industry. Heard them talking about it many times back when we could jumpseat. Remember they have a union. With teeth.

Flaco50

On a positive note LKSA is probably one of the better stations there, I worked at IAHA and HOUA, at least you won't be dealing with the medical center, downtown, galleria or any other business district. If your PM figure 3 to 8 if your AM 7 to 11 roughly

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Whatever else FedEx is he's right that it's the premier pilot job in the industry. Heard them talking about it many times back when we could jumpseat. Remember they have a union. With teeth.
But in the meantime, he’d be working a grunt courier job without a union and without teeth. No guarantee he’d get a pilot’s job. Get it?

Working4the1%

I'm actually in a little different situation. I'm a current regional airline pilot that is trying to get on with Fedex. Fedex is literally THE primo flying job in the world, for a lot of reasons. They generally hire Astronauts, Air Force One guys, and Carrier Pilots. I'm a blue collar second career guy who can't compete with that kind of pedigree but I'm not afraid of work. After 6 months online as a permanent part timer I'll be able to apply internally skip the line and get an interview. Getting an interview is by far the hardest part as there are over 18,000 apps on file. I know I'll have to finish my year commitment If I'm lucky enough to make the cut but that's a small price to pay for my dream job. Anyways I really appreciate all of the advice and input and I'll continue to troll around this board to see what else I can learn.
The dream will be over....https://www.ttnews.com/articles/fedex-seeks-add-small-self-flying-planes-remote-areas

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The dream will be over....https://www.ttnews.com/articles/fedex-seeks-add-small-self-flying-planes-remote-areas
"FedEx pilots shouldn’t be concerned about robots stealing their jobs — for now. It would take decades for technology to replace humans in piloting large freighters, Smith said.

“FedEx has no plans to replace its trunk aircraft fleet with autonomous aircraft,” said Smith, a former pilot in the U.S. Marine Corps."

Well, Fred said it, so based on history, it must be false.

oftpilot

Appreciate the further input guys. The carrot is absolutely worth the reward in this case. That’s the thing with the guys operating the equipment (drivers/pilots). It’s really hard to differentiate ourselves from each other because the average driver/pilots resume’s are so similar. There is literally a spot on the application for how much shuttle time you have (space shuttle), carrier landings, that sort of thing so those guys are golden. I’m just a blue collar guy that worked his way into a flight deck so I have to try harder, bottom line. I had my interview yesterday so I’ll report back if I made the cut. I don’t mind the physical part at all. After years of sitting around pushing buttons and staring out the window I could stand to lose a few pounds anyway.