Part-Time Cover Driver? Anyone know what this really is?

Overpaid Union Thug

The reports are not cumulative between all the TCDs... only 1 FT position is created per TCD that gets 156+ punches. So, 2 TCDs who get 155 punches each does not equal any new FT jobs (southern).
That’s exactly my point. UPS should not be using an army of TCDs. A bulk of their workload easily equals full time jobs. They are avoiding hiring more full timers by supplementing the full time drivers with TCDs. The language for 156 reports was meant to reduce that. It is weak since it doesn’t account for the accumulation among the TCDs.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That’s exactly my point. UPS should not be using an army of TCDs. A bulk of their workload easily equals full time jobs. They are avoiding hiring more full timers by supplementing the full time drivers with TCDs. The language for 156 reports was meant to reduce that. It is weak since it doesn’t account for the accumulation among the TCDs.

So rather than use TCDs you would prefer that they hire a bunch of FTers and then have to send drivers back to the hub during the slow season?

Overpaid Union Thug

So rather than use TCDs you would prefer that they hire a bunch of FTers and then have to send drivers back to the hub during the slow season?
If the amount of full timers hired is commensurate with the accumulative hours worked by TCDs then the annual vacation schedule allotments would be increased.

Nice try though. Thanks for playing. You tried VERY VERY hard.

RTCD

Agreed.