Part-Time Health Insurance

Hey Y’all!

Can anyone give me a definite answer (I know, I know, I’m talking about UPS here and definites are hard to come by) regarding PT Health Insurance?

I know the “new contract” says after 9 months, but since that’s taking eons to pass, I need to go by the old contract. I have read a lot of it and can’t seem to find the correct verbiage.

My 12 months of employment will be 3/10.
I’m pregnant and due 4/1.

Will my benefits kick in on 3/1 or 4/1? Will I need to strap this baby in, in order to be covered for birth!?

Thanks!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hey Y’all!

Can anyone give me a definite answer (I know, I know, I’m talking about UPS here and definites are hard to come by) regarding PT Health Insurance?

I know the “new contract” says after 9 months, but since that’s taking eons to pass, I need to go by the old contract. I have read a lot of it and can’t seem to find the correct verbiage.

I’m pregnant and due 4/1.

Will my benefits kick in on 3/1 or 4/1? Will I need to strap this baby in, in order to be covered for birth!?

Thanks!
Call your union hall.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Article 34 Section 2(d).... of the National Master Agreement.

(d) Notwithstanding any contrary provision in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum, (i) individual health coverage will be made available to part-time employees hired after August 1, 2008 after twelve (12) months of active employment and (ii) spousal or dependent coverage will also be made available to these part-time employees twelve (12) months after their initial date of employment.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Was 3/10/2018 your seniority date ?

-Bug-

trickpony1

Isn't the PT health administered through the company?
Maybe contact HR?

I know it's different in various parts of the country but when I was PT (many years ago), it was through the company.

Article 34 Section 2(d).... of the National Master Agreement.

(d) Notwithstanding any contrary provision in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum, (i) individual health coverage will be made available to part-time employees hired after August 1, 2008 after twelve (12) months of active employment and (ii) spousal or dependent coverage will also be made available to these part-time employees twelve (12) months after their initial date of employment.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Was 3/10 your seniority date ?

-Bug-

Yes.