Part-Time Medical Coverage

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.
Well thats part of the problem of voting on this contract, they both (ups & teamsters) shoved this "Oh you gotta VOTE NOW!" down our throat and no time for anyone to even look at or review what they will be getting. Its all to fishy....

Damok

In our district part timers have traditional blue cross blue shield and 100% paid prescriptions. Management used to have the same but in the 90's they were forced into an HMO. I know many supervisors and to a man they all liked the traditional plan way more than the HMO>

Will this new plan be an HMO probably

It comes with a prescription card but will there be a copay?

probably

I don't know if it differs by area but here it will be either BC/BS or Aetna.

ogrelord

Ground Down
One more thought.....this new "insurance" should only be for new hires after signed contract. Some of us came to UPS, put a lot of hours in, after we were sold on the "great insurance we would get after 6 months." If I do not get "the insurance" i was sold on....then I am getting shafted. Feels like bait and switch to me. I put in 2 months of work becuase I was told i would get X insurance and now I am going to get :cursing:Z.
If you have gained your seniority before Oct 15, or Nov i can't remeber where there cut off is. Then your fine. if you haven't got it and this contract goes threw it will be 1 year for ya. Easiest way to tell if you have made seniority, ya get a .50 cent raise yet? if ya did your safe.

kingOFchester

If you have gained your seniority before Oct 15, or Nov i can't remeber where there cut off is. Then your fine. if you haven't got it and this contract goes threw it will be 1 year for ya. Easiest way to tell if you have made seniority, ya get a .50 cent raise yet? if ya did your safe.
I did, however I think you may be wrong.
"
(b) Notwithstanding Section 1(d) above or any contrary provision in any Supplement, Rider, or
Addendum, (i) individual health coverage will be made available to part-time employees hired
after August 1, 2008 after twelve (12) months of active employment and (ii) spousal or dependant
coverage will be made available to these part-time employees eighteen (18) months after their
initial date of employment."

ogrelord

Ground Down
if you got your .50 cent raise after 30 days, then your on the same contract as i am. if you work the local sort(night time) you should be making 9.00 an hour, 10.00 if ya work the morning shift.

ogrelord

Ground Down
it might be 90 days, it's comming up on 5 years for me. i get alittle forgetful. are you paying union dues? if your paying the due then you have seniority. along with your seniority. but i might be wrong, i'm in a right to work state and union stuff here is alittle fuzzy.

kingOFchester

it might be 90 days, it's comming up on 5 years for me. i get alittle forgetful. are you paying union dues? if your paying the due then you have seniority. along with your seniority. but i might be wrong, i'm in a right to work state and union stuff here is alittle fuzzy.
Don't feel bad, I forgot what I had for breakfast.....oh yea three bottles of water while loading cars,
Yes I have seniority. I am paying initiation fee and dues now. But raise after 90 days.
contract states "
Part time employees covered by a Teamster Health and Welfare Fund will continue to be covered by those funds. (a) Notwithstanding Section 1(d) above, effective January 1, 2008 health and welfare coverage for
all part-time employees on the payroll at that time and those hired thereafter will be provided
pursuant to the terms of an Employer sponsored nationwide health care plan, namely, the UPS
National Health Plan for Part-Time Employees.
So I read that as to say if you have insurance now covered by the teamsters health and welfare you will remain in that plan. All other part timers on payroll but not yes receiving bennies will get their insurance thru UPS national health plan.
A FAR cry from what I was told when I elected to work for UPS

illiana

Yeah they rushed this whole thing and by doing that, something just isnt right, that ought to throw up a flag for EVERYONE! :cursing:
The powers at be must be shown by the major
work force of the company isn't pleased by the treatment of our people. This also includes those in which we pay dues to every week.

illiana

Well thats part of the problem of voting on this contract, they both (ups & teamsters) shoved this "Oh you gotta VOTE NOW!" down our throat and no time for anyone to even look at or review what they will be getting. Its all to fishy....
That took place in all Hubs in metro Chicago. Local 705 didn't make the contract or any paperwork for anyone to see. The stewards got copies and they were told not to let anyone see the information. Get everyone you can to join in together and vote NO! This will have the most negative consequences for thousands of part-timers for years to come. Nobody cares or shows any concern because it won't offset their current health care.