Part time retirement

Texas Tim

A lot depends on your health and how long you expect to live. Taking the pension now means you will collect for an extra 9 years verses the higher amount for less years. The cross over point would be sometime in your mid to late 70's.
what is the email address to reach out to them too? As of today I have been at UPS for 1 year. I mainly work for the insurance and a little money as I told my wife. The insurance is the real deal. That is not my question here. I plan on working till I hit 20 years of service. With that said I was wondering how the pension formula works. I will be 61 in 19 years.

what is the email address to reach out to them too? As of today I have been at UPS for 1 year. I mainly work for the insurance and a little money as I told my wife. The insurance is the real deal. That is not my question here. I plan on working till I hit 20 years of service. With that said I was wondering how the pension formula works. I will be 61 in 19 years.
You have to have at least 5 years with a company to be qualified for a pension anything less than that you get nothing

Texas Tim

I hit 1 year at UPS today! Hard to believe i been there that long. What is the number or email to check about the pension. I love to plan and I am really just curious. I know I have to have 5 years vested before i get anything. I plan on putting in 19 more years and walking around age 61.

I hit 1 year at UPS today! Hard to believe i been there that long. What is the number or email to check about the pension. I love to plan and I am really just curious. I know I have to have 5 years vested before i get anything. I plan on putting in 19 more years and walking around age 61.
First Florida quotes and second get your five years in

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Re-Raise

Wow dude! I thought my wife was a planner!

Do you start packing two weeks before a trip and write out a daily itinerary too? Lol

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Read the contract and do your 5 years vesting period. After that email [email protected]

Shiftless

Good for you to be pro active on what the end of the line looks like!

Nothing worse than getting to a point you want or need to retire and you haven't had a plan that will allow you to do so!

The majority of full timers when I was working lived for the day. Which is fine! But at the end of the day or end of the line if you haven't put yourself in the drivers seat on when and how you retire that's the price one pays!

trickpony1

Texas Tim-

While the OP is planning, he needs to know that he must work a certain number of hours each year for it to be credited as a full year (for pension purposes).

I would not run around telling everyone you see that, by God, you're gonna get the prescribed number of hours because there are people that will make sure you don't.

Keep your thoughts and your plans to yourself and when they try to send you home early, respectfully request your full five hours.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Texas Tim-

While the OP is planning, he needs to know that he must work a certain number of hours each year for it to be credited as a full year (for pension purposes).

I would not run around telling everyone you see that, by God, you're gonna get the prescribed number of hours because there are people that will make sure you don't.

Keep your thoughts and your plans to yourself and when they try to send you home early, respectfully request your full five hours.

Hope this helps.
Need 750 hours for a good year. Less than 15 hours a week average. Don't call in sick much and double shift during Peak and you will be fine.