"Part-time wage increases"

cynic

Hey guys i start my first day of work tomorrow as a sorter at 9.50, does this new contract change anything? Thanks

I wanted to say congratulations and best wishes on starting tomorrow - I recall some earlier posts asking about the hiring process.

Be on time, if not early, and work safely.

Con1989

"Part-time wage increases"

I was hired September 10th 2012, and I'm making $10.50 because of $1 premium. If contract isn't ratified by my anniversary date, will I receive my .50 cent anniversary date raise, then when the contract is ratified will I receive the .70 cent raise aswell?

Corralz

Re: "Part-time wage increases"

I was hired September 10th 2012, and I'm making $10.50 because of $1 premium. If contract isn't ratified by my anniversary date, will I receive my .50 cent anniversary date raise, then when the contract is ratified will I receive the .70 cent raise aswell?

Nobody here has been able to answer this question on here! I've been wondering myself

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

It's been answered many times. The economics have been suspended until the contract's ratified.

I've seen it answered many different ways. If UPS and IBT agree to extend the contract, the entire contract should be extended. Why should someone not get their 50 cent progression if the contract has been extended? The progression increases are not tied to a specific year, rather by the employee's particular start date. They shouldn't be able to just pick and choose which parts they want to follow.

From the teamsters website:

This means that all of the current Agreements will remain in place until the Supplements that did not receive a majority of votes have been re-voted and agreed to. Any increases in wages, pensions and health and welfare contributions that were agreed to in the new National Master Agreement will be made retroactively to August 1, 2013.

That being said, I'm sure you're right that they're not gonna be giving people their progression increases, sounds like UPS.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

I've seen it answered many different ways. If UPS and IBT agree to extend the contract, the entire contract should be extended. Why should someone not get their 50 cent progression if the contract has been extended? The progression increases are not tied to a specific year, rather by the employee's particular start date. They shouldn't be able to just pick and choose which parts they want to follow.

From the teamsters website:

This means that all of the current Agreements will remain in place until the Supplements that did not receive a majority of votes have been re-voted and agreed to. Any increases in wages, pensions and health and welfare contributions that were agreed to in the new National Master Agreement will be made retroactively to August 1, 2013.

That being said, I'm sure you're right that they're not gonna be giving people their progression increases, sounds like UPS.

I've been told that all economics have been suspended, although it's not wholly true since employees switching job classifications (e.g. PT->FT) obviously will see wage hikes.

I agree, it's possible that employees in progression will receive their progression wage increases. But they will notreceive the progression increase + the general wage increase. Instead, their wage will be retroactively calculated -- that is, their wage on July 31 + the general wage increase + any necessary adjustments to par them with the wage progression - the 50c increase.

For example: on July 31 employee is at $9.50, on September 10 his wage is increased to $10.00. When the contract is ratified, wage is re-calculated as $9.50 + $0.70 = $10.20 for work performed August 1-September 10, then bumped to $10.50 for work performed thereafter.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

But they will not receive the progression increase + the general wage increase. Instead, their wage will be retroactively calculated -- that is, their wage on July 31 + the general wage increase + any necessary adjustments to par them with the wage progression - the 50c increase.

For example: on July 31 employee is at $9.50, on September 10 his wage is increased to $10.00. When the contract is ratified, wage is re-calculated as $9.50 + $0.70 = $10.20 for work performed August 1-September 10, then bumped to $10.50 for work performed thereafter.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Would have liked an extra 20 cents though, oh well.