Part timer wanting to go out on military leave

Brokene46

Hey everyone i am a part timer that is wanting to enlist in the Air Force. I’ve been working here for the past 9 months.

Is it true that if you go out on military leave you still gain seniority and are able to bid on jobs when you get back?

I’m 18 ( about to turn 19 ) and want to do a 4 year term after I get out I would probably have enough seniority to get a driver spot.

Has anybody done this before? Not very sure how it works

oldngray

nowhere special
LOL….That doesn’t sound like “Leave” to me. You have to be IN the military first to take Leave and it’s not 4 years. LOL
Not true. You can be already working at UPS and take a military leave of absence. They have to hold your job for you. I think it is for 4 years but not sure about that. Longer would be considered a career move so they would then no longer be required to hold your job.

Hey everyone i am a part timer that is wanting to enlist in the Air Force. I’ve been working here for the past 9 months.

Is it true that if you go out on military leave you still gain seniority and are able to bid on jobs when you get back?

I’m 18 ( about to turn 19 ) and want to do a 4 year term after I get out I would probably have enough seniority to get a driver spot.

Yes and be sure and get a withdraw card from the Union. Sounds like a great idea and good luck to you.

rod

Retired 22 years

Be a Man- join the Army or Marines

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a guy that was gone for 6 years in the Marines. Came back to all his raises and seniority
I don't know if it's still the same but it was always a 6 year commitment when you join the Service. Usually 3 or 4 active and 3 or 2 "on call or reserve". I was drafted so mine was 2 years active and 4 years inactive reserve (no meetings or other training). When the Draft was going you were eligible until you were 45. (I'm sure that could have changed anytime they wanted to up it.

KOG72

I’m full of it

I have seen guys go into the service,do there time and come back and be a driver so it’s possible.

DriverNerd

Do it. It's a great career move and it'll build character. I've seen multiple people leave and come back. Your job is protected. Just fill out the proper paperwork and you're good.

trickpony1

Do it. It's a great career move and it'll build character. I've seen multiple people leave and come back. Your job is protected. Just fill out the proper paperwork and you're good.
....and get a union withdrawal card.

The union may say, "....oh, but you don't need to do that.".

Yes, you do.