Parting Of Ways

bacha29

So I see that Fat Freddy is not longer willing to lug around Bezos ground box. Not surprising when you consider the fact that Fat Freddy actually helped to make Amazon what it is today And while it's only 1.3 % of Ground's total volume he's doing no favors to contractors out in the jing weeds desperate for anything that can make a stop especially when 7 days a week will sooner or later become nationwide.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So I see that Fat Freddy is not longer willing to lug around Bezos ground box. Not surprising when you consider the fact that Fat Freddy actually helped to make Amazon what it is today And while it's only 1.3 % of Ground's total volume he's doing no favors to contractors out in the jing weeds desperate for anything that can make a stop especially when 7 days a week will sooner or later become nationwide.
SmartPost will make up the difference! Thank you, Fred! Backwoods Bacha needs you!

Purple no more

As a retired Ops, Amazon was the most demanding Customer. They demanded the lowest cost/pkg, highest service levels, making promises of volume that they didn't deliver. As far as I am concerned, no loss. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.:raspberry-tounge:

bacha29

SmartPost will make up the difference! Thank you, Fred! Backwoods Bacha needs you!
When it comes to responses, being that you're a retired letter carrier (oh, those are so heavy!) and in a place where in never snows (that white stuff that falls on the ground when it gets cold) and you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface( that brown stuff? it's called mud), we've come to expect nothing insightful. But that's ok.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
being that you're a retired letter carrier (oh, those are so heavy!)--You mean those 125# AA batteries were actually letters?

and in a place where in never snows (that white stuff that falls on the ground when it gets cold)- Yeah, you're right, around here it sleets, rains some, sleets some more, then freezes into a skating rink.

and you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface( that brown stuff? it's called mud)--True, around here it's red, from clay. Ever driven on wet clay?

..you're a retired letter carrier...we've come to expect nothing insightful-- Better retired like me than retarded like you, and insightful like me than incite-ful like you!

Purple no more

Amazon wants to control the entire process from order to delivery. It's a good way to control your costs and ensure your profits. That's what it's all about. Amazon has been looking for years to buy a delivery company.

bacha29

being that you're a retired letter carrier (oh, those are so heavy!)--You mean those 125# AA batteries were actually letters?

and in a place where in never snows (that white stuff that falls on the ground when it gets cold)- Yeah, you're right, around here it sleets, rains some, sleets some more, then freezes into a skating rink.

and you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface( that brown stuff? it's called mud)--True, around here it's red, from clay. Ever driven on wet clay?

..you're a retired letter carrier...we've come to expect nothing insightful-- Better retired like me than retarded like you, and insightful like me than incite-ful like you!
Insightful? You insightful?......hahahaha......LMAO!.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When it comes to responses, being that you're a retired letter carrier (oh, those are so heavy!) and in a place where in never snows (that white stuff that falls on the ground when it gets cold) and you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface( that brown stuff? it's called mud), we've come to expect nothing insightful. But that's ok.

It's a point I've made before. It's like a guy who digs ditches with a shovel making fun of a guy who digs them with a Ditch Witch. And on top of that, you have weather. Congrats, so does everyone else.

It will be fine

Amazon wants to control the entire process from order to delivery. It's a good way to control your costs and ensure your profits. That's what it's all about. Amazon has been looking for years to buy a delivery company.
Nah, they could have purchased any delivery company they wanted for years. They don’t want to be a common carrier. They want to control the high margin urban areas and outsource the rest. If UPS follows our lead they can be slowed down for a few years.

bbsam

Staff member
Nah, they could have purchased any delivery company they wanted for years. They don’t want to be a common carrier. They want to control the high margin urban areas and outsource the rest. If UPS follows our lead they can be slowed down for a few years.
I don’t think they’d be slowed down at all. I think they’d be pushed all the way to the point where they would have no choice but to buy a delivery company. My guess would be that they’d buy Ground and begin a massive overhaul of their customer base.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Aren't they copying FXG subcontractor model already?

Except the DSPs are hourly vs. most of FXG drivers are salary.

U don't have any Amazon iCs? I'm still lugging their big stuff, like pools, ac units, fridges, dehumidifier s, vacuum s... etc

"Prime" on the label