PAS - how do we fix it.

canon

See even now after all I have done to try to help you with your problems you still live in severe denial.
Advice to ignore the problem isn't worthy of consideration. Thanks for all your mediocre efforts tho.

Back to the topic... how do we fix PAS? More precisely, how do we get management to begin to work on the areas that need attention? It seems the majority of the people agree IE/management team refuse to listen to drivers (in the centers with problems). Is working as directed and just waiting for service failures or over 9.5 grievances the only option? I hate that approach, and I know the union position is that "we don't recognize company production standards". But surely there must be business philosophy that encourages and supports employees for really wanting to fix things for the betterment of the company. So, how do we reach those people with integrity?

dammor

I hope ya'll are having fun with this pissing contest. What's sad to me is that this seems to be the norm these days between management and hourly.
Just a thought, but can you imagine how it would be if we all worked together? I know it's a pipe dream, but a dream none the less.

I'm not young and am tired of this battle. Hopefully I will be able to retire before I am dead. Meantime I will do my job and and just hope we can find a way to stop the battle that is pulling all of us down. Just a thought........

canon

I hope ya'll are having fun with this pissing contest. What's sad to me is that this seems to be the norm these days between management and hourly.
Just a thought, but can you imagine how it would be if we all worked together? I know it's a pipe dream, but a dream none the less.

I'm not young and am tired of this battle. Hopefully I will be able to retire before I am dead. Meantime I will do my job and and just hope we can find a way to stop the battle that is pulling all of us down. Just a thought........
It's really not a contest for me dammor, I fully understand the necessity of management and hourly being able to get along. I am one of the few drivers who actually want their numbers to be good, but when it comes to PAS fixes I hit a brick wall every time. I really don't mean for it to come across as an attack on management, but who else do I blame for not fixing it? Democrats? I would like to think I'm one of the few who are trying to bridge the gap separating the hourly from salary by not union-ing up everytime they ask something new of me. I don't think it's a welcome change at my center by my management team... but yes dammor, it is a nice dream.

trickpony1

canon and dammor-

once again........
I don't think they want PAS/EDD fixed. If everything ran perfect there would be some supervisors out of a job. I believe one of the objectives of the "center of the future" initiative is to cut excess supervision.
I get to see what these center supervisors/managers do during the day while the drivers are out humping boxes and busting their rear. They stand just outside the door of the building and smoke cigarettes, talk on their cell phones and play pocket billiards.
Wouldn't you want to protect a job like that?

upsdude

Amen my friend.

I try and just get along with those I work for. Currently it's a fairly easy task. I don't stress over stuff I can't control. Plus, I get paid for every minute I'm on the clock. It's up to UPS to reduce those hours, not me.

Just imagine, FedEx would be the pipe dream if all the ax's were buried.

I run my route the way the PAS team set it up from the get go. It was a good trace. I don't know what happened but it has gone to crap. I'm tired of trying to get the DOL fixed, so I just ignore it and do the right thing. Again, after the time studies in November the time allowance is where it should be.

tieguy

Banned

Dammor I agree and for me its not a pissing contest. I'm actually trying to help Canon while he sadly keeps pounding me for being a managment person.

canon

Dammor I agree and for me its not a pissing contest. I'm actually trying to help Canon while he sadly keeps pounding me for being a managment person.
No tie, I don't. I think we all know the record of who is dealing out the insults. Now, please add to the discussion.

Channahon

Amen my friend.

I try and just get along with those I work for. Currently it's a fairly easy task. I don't stress over stuff I can't control. Plus, I get paid for every minute I'm on the clock. It's up to UPS to reduce those hours, not me.

Just imagine, FedEx would be the pipe dream if all the ax's were buried.

I run my route the way the PAS team set it up from the get go. It was a good trace. I don't know what happened but it has gone to crap. I'm tired of trying to get the DOL fixed, so I just ignore it and do the right thing. Again, after the time studies in November the time allowance is where it should be.
Tie - if I remember right, every time a plan is loaded the Route Delivery Order changes based on the number of routes put in for the day. So the RDO is different for a driver if there are 40 routes, 38 routes, etc. I don't think the screwed up routes are because of the DOL, but the plan that was loaded by the PDS sup, based on volume and what IE says should be put on the street. Is this true?

tieguy

Banned
No tie, I don't. I think we all know the record of who is dealing out the insults. Now, please add to the discussion.

yes this point has been highlighted as I continue to ignore most of your jabs. The posters here have had a chance to see that your sickness continues with or without my help.

tieguy

Banned
Tie - if I remember right, every time a plan is loaded the Route Delivery Order changes based on the number of routes put in for the day. So the RDO is different for a driver if there are 40 routes, 38 routes, etc. I don't think the screwed up routes are because of the DOL, but the plan that was loaded by the PDS sup, based on volume and what IE says should be put on the street. Is this true?

IE gets a lot of the blame but they don't always get all the blame but yes your essentially correct. There is a specific business plan for productivity that plans out volume, productivity and comes up with the number of allowed routes.

antimatter

We've had PAS out here for a few years and it's still a mess. Routes were devalued dramatically and the loop team never considered our input (from the drivers I spoke to, anyway). Sorry to see that practice continues nationwide.

Thankfully, as a Feeder driver I no longer have to deal with PAS or the people who ignore it's shortcomings.

A

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Address on pkg. 5008 hwy 55 Address on PAL label. 5008 county road BB. I'll run it off. Thanks for the extra 8 miles PAS. Cha Ching.

SmithBarney

Address on pkg. 5008 hwy 55 Address on PAL label. 5008 county road BB. I'll run it off. Thanks for the extra 8 miles PAS. Cha Ching.

Don't forget to peel off the pal label and stick it to the dispatch sups monitor
do it every day, it'll get fixed.(leave a note with the correct info too)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Know the blade trick, works good for removing orm-d stickers off those pesky air pkgs. Been peeling PAL labels and sticking them in the office for 10 months. Same streets continue to cause problems. How long do we have to continue to be aggravated by the same issues before enough is (pause-swallow beer) enough. System needs a better search feature instead of grabbing an address out of thin air.

dammor

Sorry tie, but not true. To say you are trying to help Canon is not a fact. I have been on this forum for years and you relish a good fight. Canon has given you what you want and he is very good at it. Ya'lls banter is entertaining, but in the end does nothing to fix any of the problems we encounter every day. Perhaps this is the reason many of us feel so tired and a bit mean at the end of the day. I applaud you for starting the thread, but if you have no power to fix it then just say so and we will all go to work tomorrow and carry on. We are good at that........

canon

Know the blade trick, works good for removing orm-d stickers off those pesky air pkgs. Been peeling PAL labels and sticking them in the office for 10 months. Same streets continue to cause problems. How long do we have to continue to be aggravated by the same issues before enough is (pause-swallow beer) enough. System needs a better search feature instead of grabbing an address out of thin air.
I carried a notebook and put the labels on the pages as I found them thru the day. At the end of the week I'd drop them off to the dispatch person. Agreed.. nothing changes. Maybe I'll start drinking again... what kind of beer is that?

LKLND3380

yeah we had add cut problems at my center before PAS even started. I'd have 3 streets that got shuffled back and forth during the course of the sort. One minute I was getting them then I wasn't, then I was etc. Then they were ABSOLUTELY sure this time that I wasn't getting it back so I loaded some overflow from the rear door bulk stops and then 8am rolled around and guess what? I got them all back after I had bulked it out with the college I had that gets blown out....I said screw it and left them there, there was literally no room. I threw them back in the cage with a note attached, next time make up your mind. This would happen daily for about two weeks before they figured it out.:lol:

Classic UPS at it's best! I get a Add/Cut at 6:01 for 10 packages coming off my car...

Then at 6:40 I get an Add/Cut for 6 packages coming to me...

Now wouldn't it make more sense to put the packages BACK on the same shelf and where they were 39 minutes ago?

Then... at 8:20 ALL of the pacakages taken off earlier plus a few more are sent back to me....