Pas labels

outamyway

I'll tell you what ticks me off about these labels...They don't re-spa send-agains...So since they bust routes Mon and Friday and sometimes more...You get sendagains that don't belong on your truck..and it's not preloads fault because it has the correct #'s on it...So what we have here is built in misloads...thanks ofr listening mgt..I've tried and tried to get them rescanned nightly...Does anybody here get sendagains rescanned?

We do now. Didn't used to though. I think, although not sure anymore, some of our combo drivers come in before the preload starts to respa what they can. This way they are not waiting around an hour and a half before they can go home.

Like I said I'm not positive about who does it now but I know it is done. I wouldn't be surprised sups are doing it though.

Mike Hawk

I'll tell you what ticks me off about these labels...They don't re-spa send-agains...So since they bust routes Mon and Friday and sometimes more...You get sendagains that don't belong on your truck..and it's not preloads fault because it has the correct #'s on it...So what we have here is built in misloads...thanks ofr listening mgt..I've tried and tried to get them rescanned nightly...Does anybody here get sendagains rescanned?

...That is just retarded. If you want to make them do it have all your driver friends remove the spa labels on send agains, then they have to get a new spa to be loaded. You will probably end up with an angry preload supe who thought up not scanning send agains to increase preload PPH.

Mike Hawk

Westside
The bulk stops are out of place because someone messed with the plan, it happens all the time at my center, our new friend/T preload supe has a new plan every day and most of the time forgets to put the bulk stops in their proper places. Find out who puts the plan in and have them fix it.

Our send agains are unloaded every night and placed in a "retain" trailer to be unloaded and re-spaed each morning.

Mike Hawk

LKLND

Well that’s what I meant by use the floor space, for irregs/bulk stops.

If I take any crap about my load from a supe I tell them they can tell me how to load once they can load as good as I can, which they can't. None of them have preloaded for more than a few weeks, if they have preloaded at all.

If I get called into the office I will make sure my steward is there, and him being one of my drivers he will tell them to shove it because he knows I can load as good or better than any other preloader in my building.

I don't aim for everything on the floor being stop for stop in order, I aim for consistency, I make sure all the pieces for that stop are together. Example, Haggens is somewhere on the 1 or 2 shelf depending on the plan, but I always put it at the front of the floor space next to the bulkhead because its not worth my time to rearrange heavy bulk stops to make sure they are in exact order. That being said I wont put 4999 bulk stop at the front and 3000 at the back, but if 3500 bulk stop comes down at the beginning of the day and I put it up front, and 3100 comes down later its fine by me if it goes right behind the 3500. The driver can look at the first pile and see its not the 3100 he was looking for, and look at the next pile down and it is. If I am totally caught up I would put it in the right order, but that usually doesn’t happen much.

LKLND3380

Lets say for instance that I have a "typical" bulk stop at the Rear Door Right which is normally heavy. The Next day they only have 2-3 packages, does PAS move those up to the shelf when its "not heavy"? Or can the driver request that it should be there everyday?

Nope... I have never seen it adjust it self to meet that days pacages... If the rear door right is WalMart and only two packages (that will never happen) That would be a good spot for an over 70 or your RDC's. This way the driver can get in and out through the center aisle...

Drivers her can request all they want but every day I hear... "I keep tellin them and they wont do it..."

LKLND3380

I guess I'm going to give my opinion on bad PAL labels. The preloader is the "last line of defense". I heard this from my boss regarding us drivers in preventing misdeliveries at one time.

If our preloaders are trained to look at both labels, then I think they should be given the time allowances to do so.

BINGO... Instead the plan for that day may be for the preloader loading your cars to have 4.5 hours but they try and get the work done in 3.5 and cram it down the preloaders throat... Blow out the belts...

I also think more blame should be laid at the feet of our workers putting PALS on the package. I hear of PALS that are not even close to the correct address. If you can't find a correct address, why can't the package be put aside and the address physically read by someone and PAL'd correctly?Is it that difficult?

There is too much flow... Eyes ahead of your work - the spa gun is scanning with one hand while the other had BLINDLY reaches behind you to grab a label and blindly apply to a box.. I say blindly because in that amount of time you have alraedy scanned you next package and looking at the next as you apply the label.

When I look through EDD every morning I can catch 80% of mis-PALS just by looking at the address in my DIAD.

That being said, it can be done. I have an A+++ preloader. I can't remember a misload in the last 60 days and this includes bad PALS. He keeps bad PALS to the side and asks the driver when he gets in where it should go.

This guy is the best preloader I've ever seen and we can't expect the entire workforce to be like him. He is so good that I will dig through the entire truck looking for a certain package before I leave the stop because I know it will be on my truck. I haven't been let down yet!

If you keep the bad pals out to the side they are blocking the egress and you need to put them away... Thank your preloader for being the best Christmas time or even tomorrow and bring a cold water or gatorade even a sausage biscuit...:happy2:

LKLND3380

They should reSPA because those count towards your buildings numbers for the day...

Chances are the people who work PM are not taking packages out ot the cars and the preloader finds them in there the next day. The preloader sees the SPA and it is for that package car so he leaves it where it is - less work taking out and having to reload it... OR if he does tak it out first thing in the AM he sends it down the belt and it is brought back unSPA'd because someone thinks it is missed work...

You would not believe all the missed packages I come into that are out going... I look at the labels and see Michigan, New York, etc... I don't know what those people do in the PM but it brightens my day when I find a over 70 that should be on it's way out of the state... I guess Perfect Service day does not apply to people who work between 5:00PM and 10PM:angry:

LKLND3380

...That is just retarded. If you want to make them do it have all your driver friends remove the spa labels on send agains, then they have to get a new spa to be loaded. You will probably end up with an angry preload supe who thought up not scanning send agains to increase preload PPH.

BINGO... we have a winner here:smart:

LKLND3380

Our send agains are unloaded every night and placed in a "retain" trailer to be unloaded and re-spaed each morning.

In a perfect world this happens... In a perfect world...

I have come in at 4:00AM to see a 500 sitting alone in the customer parking lot all open and there would be packages in it. There would be NOTHING stopping someone dropping off a preloader to reach in a grab 10 or 20 packages...

Eventually around 7:00AM that 500 was moved and packages unloaded... I guess the center manager showed up and made a comment about it...

LKLND3380

LKLND

Well that’s what I meant by use the floor space, for irregs/bulk stops.

If I take any crap about my load from a supe I tell them they can tell me how to load once they can load as good as I can, which they can't. None of them have preloaded for more than a few weeks, if they have preloaded at all.

If I get called into the office I will make sure my steward is there, and him being one of my drivers he will tell them to shove it because he knows I can load as good or better than any other preloader in my building.

I don't aim for everything on the floor being stop for stop in order, I aim for consistency, I make sure all the pieces for that stop are together. Example, Haggens is somewhere on the 1 or 2 shelf depending on the plan, but I always put it at the front of the floor space next to the bulkhead because its not worth my time to rearrange heavy bulk stops to make sure they are in exact order. That being said I wont put 4999 bulk stop at the front and 3000 at the back, but if 3500 bulk stop comes down at the beginning of the day and I put it up front, and 3100 comes down later its fine by me if it goes right behind the 3500. The driver can look at the first pile and see its not the 3100 he was looking for, and look at the next pile down and it is. If I am totally caught up I would put it in the right order, but that usually doesn’t happen much.

Chances are if you are totally caught up and you try to place those two bulk stops in order you supe will tell you to get off the clock...

xkingx

BINGO... we have a winner here:smart:

thats what I do on every route I run...when I get back to the bldg I make sure the unloaders or myself remove them right then and there....labels are pulled off at the time I attempted to deliver the pkg...
I learned the hard way, get in a truck and there's sendagains from the day b4 that dont belong on the route im running or its showing its supposed 2b in the 3000section, but its now loaded in the 5000 section because of the old label

outamyway

Thanks Cement...

What about all that waisted space? Why isn't it being utilized on the 8000 and RDR section? Does PAS do this or does the preloader do it?

PAS is the reason for the waist of space. In a perfect world the PAS system would utilize all space efficiently.

When I was a preloader I would fill in the empty space with bulk stop packages to try to keep as much out of the center of the truck as possible. I would write the sequence number on them and tell the driver. As much as I had in the 3 trucks I loaded there was rarely a time when you couldn't walk down the middle of most of the truck. The drivers I loaded for liked that more than anything.

LKLND3380

Thanks Cement...

What about all that waisted space? Why isn't it being utilized on the 8000 and RDR section? Does PAS do this or does the preloader do it?

It's not being utilized because the "People In Charge" do not have it in the sytem...

I have had the 5000 shelf blown out that it took up ALL of the 6000 shelf as well but the 8000 had nothing and the 7000 had maybe 10 boxes... Eventually I moved the 7000 pieces to the 8000 and 6000 to the 7000. It was all loaded stop for stop according to sequence number...

the Preloader must have the knowledge to move this and keep bulk together... New hires do not know this knowledge so they try to fit all the 5000 in that section even if other areas are empty...

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Out of curiosity.... When delivering, does your DIAD show the next stop you "should" make, or does it just have what stops & packages you have in your truck?

Forgive me for the ignorance, but just trying to stay ahead of the game before PAS hits where I'm at.

W

westsideworma

P: Orange - I guess is what belt it goes down
Here in Lakeland we have three belts Lakeland, Winter Haven and Plant City

S: is also for secondary sort to a boxline if you have one. ours has TG (top green cage in the boxline) or BT (bottom tan) etc.

I: is the bay number in our building for the irreg drivers (1-34 is line 1, 35-55 line 2, etc)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Out of curiosity.... When delivering, does your DIAD show the next stop you "should" make, or does it just have what stops & packages you have in your truck?

Forgive me for the ignorance, but just trying to stay ahead of the game before PAS hits where I'm at.

If you or your center team set the loop up properly your stops will be lined up in Diad exactly as you deliver them. It takes quite a bit of effort to get it that way. You will need a cooperative mgmnt team and you will be quite aggravated until it gets fixed. Or like many drivers you will just live with the way it was set up and pick thru the load. Good luck. BM