PAS question

over9five

Staff member
"..but there's little feedback from the drivers.."

Hmmm....Why in the world would these drivers not dig in and help the management team????

We all know why. Obviously the management team did not have a good working relationship with their drivers before PAS. And now thats come back to bite them in the a..

inthecage

It may be true that in the past a relationship with your sup. was the problem for your bad day, BUT we all know that management geets move to a different shift/building and at the end of the day who are you hurting? Don't cut off your nose to spite your face! If someone cared enough to want to fix the route these are the steps that they would need to take. They wouldn't be doing it to make someone elses numbers look good or to help the sup out. If the quality of the loads on your car are incorrect and you dont like it than find someone to help you fix it. You controll you bad days from now on.

aspenleaf

It seems there is a great lack of communication in my center. For instance each Friday we get our start times for the next week. Well that is great that they use last years volume (and some of what is in the system on Friday - which is usually okay for Monday) at this time to tell me what I will be getting next week. I asked if they could reevaluate the volume each night and see what was actually in the system. They (the sups) just said that the work will get done and not to worry. Okay I can take that and not worry but I do want to go home at some point and this whole add/cut and then cut a truck and give it back game needs to stop. Today was a nightmare and just on one truck. As I said earlier my other trucks were not full at all I hope tomorrow is better. My sup has told me to come in earlier than my little sheet says; and she said she would take the crap from the manger should he not like my start time.

Oh and what about the boxes that would not physically fit on the truck? What normally happens to those types of packages. They were not heavy just huge.

30andout

Don't all of you know the people looking at the computer monitors and the maps on the screens know more than the people actually doing the work.

aspenleaf

Of course they do... that is why I ask them the questions! :wink:

I just hope tomorrow is better. I know they didn't like that I implied that they or the system was not working today. But really 45 boxes of anything will not fit on a shelf (unless they are tiny packages) All I wanted was a cart with all the bulk on it (or one so I could put my bulk on it; that would have solved my issue and shut me up. Oh and I did find a map online of my area and I did load my truck in the correct order (as long as the driver went the way I mapped! I will just have to be "good" and remember that I get paid to load trucks not think or ask questions. :tongue_sm

rngri4

aspenleaf said:
It seems there is a great lack of communication in my center. For instance each Friday we get our start times for the next week. Well that is great that they use last years volume (and some of what is in the system on Friday - which is usually okay for Monday) at this time to tell me what I will be getting next week. I asked if they could reevaluate the volume each night and see what was actually in the system. They (the sups) just said that the work will get done and not to worry. Okay I can take that and not worry but I do want to go home at some point and this whole add/cut and then cut a truck and give it back game needs to stop. Today was a nightmare and just on one truck. As I said earlier my other trucks were not full at all I hope tomorrow is better. My sup has told me to come in earlier than my little sheet says; and she said she would take the crap from the manger should he not like my start time.

Oh and what about the boxes that would not physically fit on the truck? What normally happens to those types of packages. They were not heavy just huge.

The volume predictions are calculated at a 1 or 2 or so percent growth from the previous year, by people in the district office, who have usually not even worked in an operation and have no clue. The Dispatch and Preload Managers HAVE to abide by these "predictions" The problem is this, in our center, they have used the wrong weeks etc and have been way off, but the Managers HAVE to get approval before adding runs or employees based on these usually wrong prediction, by people who dont have a clue.

aspenleaf

Well that makes sense! My manager really does stress the predictions but they do not account for "real" world stuff; such as jams, and huge bulk added a day ago etc. But all in all everything gets done. Thanks for the info.