Passing accident citation

taylorjam3s

I recently got a ticket for passing an accident whilst on the interstate... Apparantly I was suppose to exit off the interstate to go around but there were not signs or any warnings telling me this. The whole thing is trumped up and I do believe I can fight and get rid of the citation in court. However, if the court does not dismiss the charge, is this something that can get in the way of me becoming a driver?

I wasnt speeding or driving recklessly. They had flares directing me from the far right lane to the slow left lane. So I took the left lane instead of exiting completely from the interstate.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's a moving violation, so unless you get it dismissed you will have to wait a year to go driving.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sounds like there is more to the story. If the flares weren't properly placed telling you to exit you have a good case.

Or did you try to act stupid and go around them because you were in a hurry?

barnyard

KTM rider
It is doubtful that you will be able to get a judge to dismiss the ticket. You endangered the lives of everyone working the scene of the accident by not getting the big picture. You will have to wait a year.

edited to add.... my nephew is a volunteer firefighter and his wife is a paramedic with the same department. Getting hit by a gawker is their worst nightmare.

taylorjam3s

Sounds like there is more to the story. If the flares weren't properly placed telling you to exit you have a good case.

Or did you try to act stupid and go around them because you were in a hurry?

Not at all... They had no signs up. There were plenty of cops around that could have blocked access to that piece of interstate. The flares did not go across both lanes into the exit. This was all at 4:00am in the howling snow by the way.

I was driving like 15 miles an hour through the wole thing. It wasnt until I reached the car accident with the body laying along side the road did I realize I probably shouldnt be there. If they didnt want me going down the interstate, they should have made it impossible for me right? Had a police officer directing traffic to the exit. You couldnt even tell if there was accident in the first place.

The officer said I should have been smart enough to exit off the interstate, literally, as another car is driving through.

I got to work and told some other guys about it... They drove through without exiting off the interstate and they didn't get slapped with a 200 dollar fine.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I recently got a ticket for passing an accident whilst on the interstate... Apparantly I was suppose to exit off the interstate to go around but there were not signs or any warnings telling me this. The whole thing is trumped up and I do believe I can fight and get rid of the citation in court. However, if the court does not dismiss the charge, is this something that can get in the way of me becoming a driver?

I wasnt speeding or driving recklessly. They had flares directing me from the far right lane to the slow left lane. So I took the left lane instead of exiting completely from the interstate.

Did the flares look like this /

or like this \

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I can tell you a similar story: Each night for nearly 3 months the construction crew would place a myrid of cones for miles from the interstate drawbridge on down to direct traffic to use the right lane only.
Some idiot earlier in the night drove over a whole bunch of them right after the bridge and this had led to people, for some stupid reason, believing that they could change lanes to get around my slow ***. All three of those cars found a dead-end behind a paver and a police car.

If you were driving cautiously, and either stopped or took a clear path out when you realized something was up. Then I'd say take that sonofa to court.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You need the crack legal team of @burrheadd @MyTripisCut, and @Poop Head ! They will weasel you out of this mess!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
F3DF191F-EEF1-4D68-B76F-E6DF3C19A5D5.gif
You need the crack legal team of @burrheadd @MyTripisCut, and @Poop Head ! They will weasel you out of this mess!

El Correcto

god is dead

Hire a traffic attorney, you might end up paying about 60 dollars more than just paying your fine. They’ll negotiate you down to probation, driving safety and get your ticket thrown out.

IESucks

Not at all... They had no signs up. There were plenty of cops around that could have blocked access to that piece of interstate. The flares did not go across both lanes into the exit. This was all at 4:00am in the howling snow by the way.

I was driving like 15 miles an hour through the wole thing. It wasnt until I reached the car accident with the body laying along side the road did I realize I probably shouldnt be there. If they didnt want me going down the interstate, they should have made it impossible for me right? Had a police officer directing traffic to the exit. You couldnt even tell if there was accident in the first place.

The officer said I should have been smart enough to exit off the interstate, literally, as another car is driving through.

I got to work and told some other guys about it... They drove through without exiting off the interstate and they didn't get slapped with a 200 dollar fine.
Have you ever gone fishing?? Did you catch ALL the fish?

Box Ox

Hire a traffic attorney, you might end up paying about 60 dollars more than just paying your fine. They’ll negotiate you down to probation, driving safety and get your ticket thrown out.

This. 100% worth it. Don't let some wenis tell you to go in and haggle it out with the court magistrate just because it's free, OP. Hiring a traffic attorney was well worth it in my experience. Paid a lot less to the attorney than I might have in increased insurance payments and court/ticket costs had I tried to do it myself. My last speeding ticket got tossed because the attorney knew things I did not about the local circumstances regarding the road/officer/signage etc. And I didn't have to take off of work to drive to court/look for parking/wait for my case etc.