Pay Grievance

So I have been employed by UPS for close to 6 years, first two months on unload, moved to sort aisle and have been there ever since. I recently checked my hubs seniority list and noticed that I was marked as unskilled, everyone else on the sort aisle is marked as a skilled employee. I addressed this with my supervisor and he changed my pay status in the computer system. After the change I received a $1 raise. If I were to file a grievance, is it possible for me to get back pay for all of the time they underpaid me?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So I have been employed by UPS for close to 6 years, first two months on unload, moved to sort aisle and have been there ever since. I recently checked my hubs seniority list and noticed that I was marked as unskilled, everyone else on the sort aisle is marked as a skilled employee. I addressed this with my supervisor and he changed my pay status in the computer system. After the change I received a $1 raise. If I were to file a grievance, is it possible for me to get back pay for all of the time they underpaid me?
file and see

542thruNthru

Yes. File a Article 17 grievance.

Grab a shop steward and tell him/her what happen. He/She should be able to walk you through it. Might want to get your BA involved also because the company will argue it's not timely but you just found out about it.

Good luck.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
First'' what do your shop steward said? ,and let me know if he's a part time or fuel time? I will give u the answer that your looking for Sir!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If I were to file a grievance, is it possible for me to get back pay for all of the time they underpaid me?

You need to check your supplemental language.

At most, you could get 90 days depending on what the Maintenance of Standards

article says. Getting 5 years plus.... ? Not gonna happen.

Yes. File a Article 17 grievance.

Grab a shop steward and tell him/her what happen. He/She should be able to walk you through it. Might want to get your BA involved also because the company will argue it's not timely but you just found out about it.

Good luck.

There is an argument to be made for "point of knowledge" and finding out.

But, it would be a tough argument to make going back over 5 years.

Brown echo

You need to check your supplemental language.

At most, you could get 90 days depending on what the Maintenance of Standards

article says. Getting 5 years plus.... ? Not gonna happen.

There is an argument to be made for "point of knowledge" and finding out.

But, it would be a tough argument to make going back over 5 years.
STOP WITH THE SUPPLEMENTAL LANGUAGE , STOP with the end street cats.....pleased !!!

Brown echo

But how do you even be a fuel time steward?
The real fuel time last stop will a BA., and the part time
SlushyFlusteredGibbon-size_restricted.gif
....management they will suck is blood!!!

WTFm8

If union is of no help, check into your Department of Labor.

My state enforces payroll corrections back to 2 years if accidental or 3 years for intentional.

Also sit down and go through your stubs to calculate OT hours as well to be paid $1.50 for that time.

Brown echo

Dude, what are you on? Very little of what you say makes sense.
part time shop steward management control, NOW'' fuel time steward may run for BA or President of the local ,but need to show balls , NOW the fake steward just baying time and getting a free ride by management and us the members.

Brown echo

If union is of no help, check into your Department of Labor.

My state enforces payroll corrections back to 2 years if accidental or 3 years for intentional.

Also sit down and go through your stubs to calculate OT hours as well to be paid $1.50 for that time.
Make sure you put a grievance on your local first so the table don't turn on you first. them check into your department of labor .

Needabiggerhammer

First'' what do your shop steward said? ,and let me know if he's a part time or fuel time? I will give u the answer that your looking for Sir!!

part time shop steward no balls, fuel time steward the real one no support from the BA suck to be you!!

STOP WITH THE SUPPLEMENTAL LANGUAGE , STOP with the end street cats.....pleased !!!

The real fuel time last stop will a BA., and the part time
SlushyFlusteredGibbon-size_restricted.gif
....management they will suck is blood!!!

by votes YES elections and your BA if his corrupt will :censored2:k u over!! he don't the real shop steward , you sucker!!:wink-very::wink-very::wink-very::wink-very:
I think I'm having a stroke. Where are you from...?