Pay raises

1989NW

I was a TCD driver also known as a utility driver before i went FT driving, so i started out at a higher pay wage than a regular FT driver. I am now a FT driver. From my understanding i will not get any pay raises until i get to Full progression because i started at the higher pay rate. Anyone know do i not get a raise at all with this contract? Does my pay stay the same until progression? Or do i only get the .70 cent raise? Or how does it work for my situation? Do i get any retro pay? The new contract does not speak deeply about my situation so thought I'd ask on here. TIA

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
What is your pay at now? What year of progression are you in? If you were at a higher pay rate with TCD then FT progression I believe you would keep the higher amount until you caught up from my understanding.

BigBrown87

Usually only top rate drivers get the 70 cent raise for driving jobs, if you are still in progression you would get the next progression bump in order of years left in progression.

1989NW

What is your pay at now? What year of progression are you in? If you were at a higher pay rate with TCD then FT progression I believe you would keep the higher amount until you caught up from my understanding.
I am almost in my 3rd year of FT driving. My current pay rate is $27.98

BigBrown87

I am almost in my 3rd year of FT driving. My current pay rate is $27.98
I believe you are still higher then progression for FT drivers would be so your TCD rate that you are receiving now will stay in effect until you reach top rate. So my guess is no retro pay, but you are making more money then a 3 year progression driver right now.

Thegameisrigged

I was a TCD driver also known as a utility driver before i went FT driving, so i started out at a higher pay wage than a regular FT driver. I am now a FT driver. From my understanding i will not get any pay raises until i get to Full progression because i started at the higher pay rate. Anyone know do i not get a raise at all with this contract? Does my pay stay the same until progression? Or do i only get the .70 cent raise? Or how does it work for my situation? Do i get any retro pay? The new contract does not speak deeply about my situation so thought I'd ask on here. TIA
You’ll get raises consistent with the 85 percent of fulltime rate. If the raise is 70 cents, you’ll get whatever is 85 percent of that raise. 59 cents it would be.

Mooseknuckle

How I've seen it is as a TCD you get a percentage of top rate. You'll get a percentage of the wage increase too, not the full amount. For example, if you're at 75% top rate you'll get 75% of the $0.70 raise as well.

BigBrown87

You’ll get raises consistent with the 85 percent of fulltime rate. If the raise is 70 cents, you’ll get whatever is 85 percent of that raise. 59 cents it would be.
The OP is keeping his higher pay rate until he catches up on progression with FT driver. He will keep his higher TCD rate until top scale thus not recieving a retro check. Only top rate drivers receive the 70 cents an hr for raises. If you are in progression you will recieve a bump in progression pay, but he is at a higher rate from TCD so he recieves no bump until top rate.

BigBrown87

I've been drinking....heavily... why was I quoted on this. What did I do wrong now!?
I quoted your pic of the FT driver pay as of the new contract to correct a member saying it was 28.75 when it states 25. Your all good keep tipping those drinks back just make sure to call in tomorrow morning :teethy:.

542thruNthru

I quoted your pic of the FT driver pay as of the new contract to correct a member saying it was 28.75 when it states 25. Your all good keep tipping those drinks back just make sure to call in tomorrow morning :teethy:.

Will do sir!
AstonishingBossyFly-max-1mb.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
$28.75 is the NEW pay scale for that year of progression and people under that progression will be moved into the $28.75 scale from $25. Effective 8-1-2018

BigBrown87

$28.75 is the NEW pay scale for that year of progression and people under that progression will be moved into the $28.75 scale from $25. Effective 8-1-2019
Your right I must have been quoting the old contract, so the OP would move to 28.75 when he hits his 3rd year but as he stated is not their yet so still would not recieve retro pay due to his higher pay from TCD.

542thruNthru

Guys retro pay will more then likely depend on his supplemental language. If he was a TCD and was paid 85% of top rate. His language may say he can not drop below that. I believe I have seen that in some areas.

So with out knowing where he is and what language he is under. We can't answer his question accurately like usual. Because if he does stay at 85% he will be owed a retro check.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Guys retro pay will more then likely depend on his supplemental language. If he was a TCD and was paid 85% of top rate. His language may say he can not drop below that. I believe I have seen that in some areas.

So with out knowing where he is and what language he is under. We can't answer his question accurately like usual. Because if he does stay at 85% he will be owed a retro check.
He's no longer a TCD but a FT driver so the 85% does not apply in this case.