pay the duties or taxes

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The issue arises now where my "Scheduled Delivery" Time is stuck at "Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."

I already more or less know the package is gonna be here Wednesday, but this entire fee's thing like, broke my tracking? So i'm sitting here with broken tracking and -44$ :cold:

Here's the tracking page?

Maybe it hasn't cleared customs yet?

We actually have an esteemed member who recently became an expert in international shipping. He is hard at work right now, but maybe later he will chime in and give yu advice.

worldwide

Hi there, i would LOVE to know how this makes ANY sense...

My package weighs under 2 pounds, (1.7lb) and SOMEHOW, customs i guess wanted a little more money today, because customs expects me to pay 44$ for IMPORT CHARGES!?

The packaged is coming from the US to canada ... please explain how this would be 44 DOLLARS.

That would be UPS Customer Service you are looking for:
  • English Tel.: 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877)
  • French Tel.: 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877)
Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada

Entry prep fees + any applicable Canadian taxes (i.e. PST, GST, HST). Weight has nothing to do with it - the fee's are based on the value that was declared by the shipper. UPS already paid Canadian customs on your behalf to get the package as quickly as possible to you. Now, they simply want to be paid for the services provided and your government wants a piece of the action as well. If you don't want the item you can always refuse it but then the shipper has to pay US customs and UPS shipping charges to get it back.