Paycheck question?

Brasswolf

At the end of the fiscal year I had "Vac 40.00- H" at the bottom of my check. On the next paycheck 8 hours randomly showed up on my stub as "OPT PAYO" and I was paid for it and the 40 - zeroed out. My question is where exactly did this 8 hours come from? not taking sick days???? why is it 8 hours? I've been with the company 6 years and have never had this before. I have only had 1 sick day in 6 years and this is the first time I have ever seen this on a paycheck.

Last edited:

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Would really hurt if it were the floating holiday that used to be election day. I've seen people forget about using that before and is good reasoning why the company decided to make it a floating holiday. Just for reasons like this, people will forget to take it and end up getting paid just 8 hours essentially losing 16 hours + of pay for the day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Would really hurt if it were the floating holiday that used to be election day. I've seen people forget about using that before and is good reasoning why the company decided to make it a floating holiday. Just for reasons like this, people will forget to take it and end up getting paid just 8 hours essentially losing 16 hours + of pay for the day.
We don't forget election day...it's the only day I enjoy going to work...lol. Triple time? Yes please!