Paying for packages

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nope
Get a money order or cashiers check I’ll either see you tomorrow or you can catch me down the street
Wrong. We couldn't refuse cash if the tag said "cash" or certified check. Either way, a bunch of cash COD's could have you walking around with plenty of cash.

quad decade guy

My point, exactly. Just because you have 40 years in this place doesn't mean you have a clue what you're talking about. Drivers in package deliver now, in 2020, not 1983.
Yes exactly. Oh? Yep. How did I ever make it without you? integral...darn that auto correct. In fact, how did UPS ever make it without you? Just to be accurate, I didn't deliver in 1983 either. Just to be accurate. My point exactly.

pkgdriver

So, if the pkg says 1 of 5 etc.. you just ignore that? Interpreting the shippers intent is fraught with peril. I'd at least make a phone call and let mgt. decide. Always do that in dicey(expensive) scenarios.
If the DIAD does not prompt me to collect for a pkg it will be left. The same as when I was taught on paper. Have had a few times over the years where the COD ended up going back(refused/NM3) but customer kept the rest of the shipment.

quad decade guy

If the DIAD does not prompt me to collect for a pkg it will be left. The same as when I was taught on paper. Have had a few times over the years where the COD ended up going back(refused/NM3) but customer kept the rest of the shipment.
Ok. I've also had shipments that specifically stated otherwise. Shrug.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Bridal shops were the worst on COD pkgs
I brought a few in separating COD's then walked back to car for more , when I got back in 3 mins later the woman already opened a COD and said it's the wrong dress , I went nuts on her , I re- taped and sent back ref , luckily shipper never called , that bridal shop paid the price , 6pm delivery for a while

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In my center we had a driver DR a high value signature required which vanished so they made him go on a payment plan to repay it. When I was a brand new cover driver I left a few box of books at the front door of a house (not out of the weather) and it rained that night/the guy didn't use that door so didn't know it was there. They tried to get me to pay for the claim they paid out. I started using DR bags when rain is likely after that and looking around for porches, etc.
Shippers responsibility to code anything that shouldn't be left, not the drivers. We don't know what's inside.

Just Lurking

So, if the pkg says 1 of 5 etc.. you just ignore that? Interpreting the shippers intent is fraught with peril. I'd at least make a phone call and let mgt. decide. Always do that in dicey(expensive) scenarios.
If you are still employed and complete DIAD training you would know that is the actual method.

Just Lurking

Ok. I've also had shipments that specifically stated otherwise. Shrug.
Shipper can put messages on. packages that say anything they want. Just like signature required, no signature required or COD. UPS charges for each of those services. If you do not pay for the service then you do not get the service. The service encoded into the barcode determines completely.