Payroll Issues

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you are not in the union you can't file a grievance.

Yep.

Until you gain seniority, the only benefits an employee is entitled to are wages.

I've never heard of them withholding the first weeks check.

The first weeks check is not "withheld".... it's delayed until the following week.

Read up on how to file on this issue in your Master. If you don't have one call or go over to the hall and pick one up. Also get a copy of your local's current supplemental.

The grievance procedure is listed in the supplement and penalty pay is in the Master.

But.... he isn't entitled to either, as he has not gained seniority yet.

He would be better off showing up at his next start time, and simply tell them until

he is paid.... he can't afford to show up again.

-Bug-

Kae3106

Guys I am also having another problem. I have been working 3 weeks now and I have never gotten a single check. They are supposed to pay me for 2 weeks as they hold 1 weeks pay.

I talked to the supes and management and then hr they said it is a payroll issue.

Last week they told they were gonna fix it.

But this week they said they are going to fix it again and to wait another 3 working days.

Anyone had similar issues???

Could management be doing this on purpose? As some sort of a weed out trick???

Should ny next step be filing a grievance??? If I still dont get paid??

Can I ask for more in grievances because now my expenses have far exceeded what UPS was gonna pay me. Because they did not pay me for 3 weeks.

They do NOT hold a week's pay. The work week is completed in a Saturday, it takes a few days to process the timecards and exceptions, then your pay is available on Friday. That is just a normal processing cycle.

If you have not been paid for a couple of weeks, something is wrong. Maybe HR didn't get your info to Payroll timely. Maybe there are a couple of checks sitting in a drawer at your center. Maybe your timecards weren't completed properly. Have your center admin put in a Payroll Inquiry about the missing pay. Payroll will respond with 24 hours. Replacement or missing pay will be issued immediately and sent NDA to your center. No one is deliberately trying to screw you.

WTFm8

. Because they did not pay me for 3 weeks.

Call the Department of Labor and explain.

I was shorted 4 hours at a previous employer as well as ‘gaining seniority’ to join IAM union, kept records of every attempt to get the back pay and joining. Had 29 records over 4 months.

Filled out a form on my local DOL website and had an email response a few hours later. The next day I was greeted by 2 HR reps, pay was added to that weeks check, and date was adjusted to reflect propor seniority ( I ‘owed’ back-payment of dues and health insurance which is BS since I couldn’t use either).

That evening I had an email from the DOL rep requesting a followup to make sure I recieved payment on the check that week (I did).

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Man @Special UPS Operator you seem to have a lot of issues at UPS

I think you are lying.
UPS doesn't hold 1st weeks pay.
That happened to me though
First week (training) and second week were not paid out until the end of the third week, where I was shorted $60. Pay was post-weekly from there on out.
The more I scratch the surface, the more I am convinced literally everyone has been shorted in their first week, especially those that quit in that first week.

It could be their direct deposit account has not been established correctly however, as they have now been shorted 2 weeks behind.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Guys I am also having another problem. I have been working 3 weeks now and I have never gotten a single check. They are supposed to pay me for 2 weeks as they hold 1 weeks pay.

I talked to the supes and management and then hr they said it is a payroll issue.

Last week they told they were gonna fix it.

But this week they said they are going to fix it again and to wait another 3 working days.

Anyone had similar issues???

Could management be doing this on purpose? As some sort of a weed out trick???

Should ny next step be filing a grievance??? If I still dont get paid??

Can I ask for more in grievances because now my expenses have far exceeded what UPS was gonna pay me. Because they did not pay me for 3 weeks.
Oh Boy! Someone else got your pay! Happens all the time. Call HR so they can run the EF Kog patch.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I've never heard of them withholding the first weeks check. Companies haven't done that practice for several years. He's correct go to your steward - management needs to give him an answer. Yes, you will get extra pay for the pay delay - you have to request it in your grievance. If you aren't union or even if you are- you can always go to your state's Dept. of Labor - Wage and Hours division. They make the company jump through hoops. The most important lesson to be learned - is "You did the work - now they owe you". Never mess with peoples pay - we all have bills to pay - a lot of people are taking care of their families.
My first week I didn't get paid either. I think I didn't get my first pay check till my second week or so in.