Payroll Issues

Special UPS Operator

Guys I am also having another problem. I have been working 3 weeks now and I have never gotten a single check. They are supposed to pay me for 2 weeks as they hold 1 weeks pay.

I talked to the supes and management and then hr they said it is a payroll issue.

Last week they told they were gonna fix it.

But this week they said they are going to fix it again and to wait another 3 working days.

Anyone had similar issues???

Could management be doing this on purpose? As some sort of a weed out trick???

Should ny next step be filing a grievance??? If I still dont get paid??

Can I ask for more in grievances because now my expenses have far exceeded what UPS was gonna pay me. Because they did not pay me for 3 weeks.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I'd you are not in the union you can't file a grievance. You can go find your steward and ask him to talk to management about the issue though

Observer

I've never heard of them withholding the first weeks check. Companies haven't done that practice for several years. He's correct go to your steward - management needs to give him an answer. Yes, you will get extra pay for the pay delay - you have to request it in your grievance. If you aren't union or even if you are- you can always go to your state's Dept. of Labor - Wage and Hours division. They make the company jump through hoops. The most important lesson to be learned - is "You did the work - now they owe you". Never mess with peoples pay - we all have bills to pay - a lot of people are taking care of their families.

Siveriano

just ask every single day twice a day like in the morning and in the pm, eventually they will get so annoyed that they will hand you your check.

Special UPS Operator

Has this happened to someone else as well?? I remember reading a thread where one guy was like I worked at UPS for two weeks and they never paid him.

Is this a norm at UPS rather than an exception???

Observer

Unfortunately, this is a common occurence. They especially do it to the seasonals, new employees not in the union yet and anyone. Read up on how to file on this issue in your Master. If you don't have one call or go over to the hall and pick one up. Also get a copy of your local's current supplemental. ALSO check your section of Brown Cafe that lists "Similar Titles" and you will see this is a never ending problem. Ignore people who would kid about this.