PCM's...

P

pkghumper

Honestly....does anyone really think these are helpfull everyday?? They say the same thing everyday..."saftey first" "deliver everything" "don't get hurt" blah blah blah....they should only have them mon and fridays if that...Whats the point...they send the same thing over the ods during the day....

ImpactedTSG

PCMs=waste of time. I think they do them just to say they do them. Same goes for reading from the policy book before meetings.

Example....At UPS we value our employees.......blah blah blah. Ok, let's get to business, we are laying off a bunch of you guys since we value you so much. Good luck and tell your wife and kids we said hello.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I usually come in happy and then I listen to the BS at a PCM and I'm PO'd for the rest of the day. The PCM's on the white board that say "no PCM, start early if you can get out" are my favorite.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Once in a blue moon there might be a PCM wherein we discuss something that is actually relavent but those are few and far between. Mostly you just stand there looking at your watch and wonder how you're gonna get your air done.

upsgrunt

I feel it is kind of ironic that PCM stands for pre-work communication meeting, but there really isn't any communication at all; it is basically one person talking and the rest listening. I always thought communication was talking AND listening.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm a cover driver so I try to avoid them. Not one supervisor can really claim me because I do routes under all 3. As long as I know my depth of knowledge questions, I'm fine. Hardly anything new

Hangingon

Wow you must be old if you still remember the TLA's. Once a year your sup would sit down with you, normally at lunch on route, and have a real conversation with you. Now the only time your sup has a chance to sit with you is in the center manager's office and normally you have a union rep sitting next to you doing most of the talking.

ImpactedTSG

TLA's were a little different in TSG. We would go out with our sup for a lunch and BS about what was good and bad in TSG. Then we'd go back and sign the forms for the TLA and that was it. If your sup was cool it was fun, but if they weren't it was really painful.

DorkHead

I actually like the PCMs. I find them informative. Every day is a new day, new challenges, new information. Sure, the basic safety phrases are repeated but that might make you think twice when a certain situation arises. At our PCMs our sup tells us how the preload did that morning and we`re allowed us to ask questions. I really believe it makes us better del. drivers.

rocket man

PCM Should be called L D A listen dont ask. NOW GOFinish loading your car get out of the building get your ndas done. but im not done with this pcm,

PCMs=waste of time. I think they do them just to say they do them. Same goes for reading from the policy book before meetings.

Example....At UPS we value our employees.......blah blah blah. Ok, let's get to business, we are laying off a bunch of you guys since we value you so much. Good luck and tell your wife and kids we said hello.

Gotta agree with you on that. Anytime there was some type of formal group or department meeting, there had to be a policy reading. I especially like the ones about safety and integrity, then later on in the meeting you are reminded how important it is to close a log on your blackberry even though you are driving and encouraged to fluff your PMT time so you make 80% for the day.

As far as PCM's - some were actually interesting, but most were not.

TLA's were a little different in TSG. We would go out with our sup for a lunch and BS about what was good and bad in TSG. Then we'd go back and sign the forms for the TLA and that was it. If your sup was cool it was fun, but if they weren't it was really painful.

When I had a cool sup, we'd decide on a nice restaurant and chat about anything. Maybe learn a thing or two about each other's family, hobbies or whatnot. Fill out TLA form and they'd at least try to get some followup. Very informal and enjoyable.

When I had a bad sup, they'd say we're going to such and such restaurant, talk strictly business and lose appetite. Fill out the TLA form and forget about it the next day. Formal and awkward.