Peak 2019 driver helper horror stories

The Driver

I drive.
It's December 26 tomorrow and all I can do is thank God Himself for this beautiful time, when driver helpers vanish overnight like the end of a annoying upper respiratory infection.

Time to dish your driver helper horror stories.

Seymour Packages

I had a 20 something year old drama queen for all of 4 hours. Late showing up on her first day, dressed for summer in the middle of December, and had a bad attitude. After the first couple stops, I could tell it was going to be a long day. She eventually quit on me once we reached a strip mall and had to unload all of RDL and RDR. Long story short, she said "this just isn't for me, I'm going to take the job at Target instead." Bonus: She wore some pretty thin yoga pants so the eye candy wasn't bad. Otherwise, couldn't wait to get her off my car.

GenericUsername

The worst I have is my helper and I walking down a dead end street to deliver 3 stops in pitch black. As we were coming back to the car he tossed me his vest so he could vanish off into the dark to take a leak. Other than that, solid peak. Great loader. Great helper. Okay dispatch (except for my extreme day on Tuesday.) 8/10 peak.

KoennenTiger

My first helper was an ex heavy drug user and severe burn out who told me he was so happy to have the job because he had seven felonies. Told me he had a pregnant girlfriend he lived with who was quite physically abusive but knew how to use the cops against him but who was also getting black out drunk almost daily. While pregnant. I can't imagine a guy allowing this to happen. I told them not to send him back to me.

Second helper was a sixteen year old thug who told me he had been expelled from high school for bringing a gun to school, thought his future career was being a social media influencer, and wanted me to drive him back to his car mid shift so he could get high again. I drove him back said bye and told them to not send him to me again.

Third helper was a 19 year old who was playing free safety for a local no name college, fit kid, I had to keep telling him to stop running this isn't a race, and he was great. Good head on his shoulders had realistic plans for the future. He showed up twice then no showed on me three times.

Horrible peak for my center but not as bad as 2013. Almost as bad. Nobody rolled packages on the 24th.

The Driver

I drive.
First helper was a 300 pound woman who stepped in not one but two piles of dog :censored2: the first day. The company had sent her to Integrad and she quit the first day. Flushed $10,000 the toilet.

Second helper was pretty good but couldn't stay on car for more than a few hours because he also worked in the building and had to be back to clock in.

Third helper was sick all the time or had car problems.

Fourth helper was a washed up former exotic dancer that kept asking me to come over for dinner. She complained practically the whole time and asked me constantly how much more work we had. She offered to give me a lap dance.

Fifth helper was good and didn't complain, only worked one day.

Sixth helper wanted me to be his cannabis courier for the county I work in. Unbelievable.

What a screwed up season...

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Great helper this year. Showed up on time every day all three weeks. Young kid with a new baby. Didn’t complain 1 bit even on our heaviest and rainiest days. He had a hard time figuring out the bathroom routine....other than that he was an all star. He got a crisp hundo when I dropped him off at 1000 pm on Xmas eve

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Had a good time jumping with my regular routes driver. We had fun and busted off a bunch of stops. Hats off to you guys for doing this all year. First day I was hurting, but after that it was great. Residential was good because we could bang off tons of stops. Businesses and some of the rural are a tad slow at times. Once we got on the same p*ss schedule, we were like clockwork. By the end I finally got to know the houses and where there are nice dogs, mean dogs, dog :censored2:, etc. Got bit on the pant leg once and even got to drag a package through some dog :censored2: after stepping in some one day. It was the best delivery I had. By the last couple weeks I had the DIAD down (just signatures and non) and it was well worth it. Again, hats off to you guys for what you do. Hopefully getting called to permanent PT in the next few weeks. Glad the 16-18 hour days are over.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
First helper was a 300 pound woman who stepped in not one but two piles of dog :censored2: the first day. The company had sent her to Integrad and she quit the first day. Flushed $10,000 the toilet.

Second helper was pretty good but couldn't stay on car for more than a few hours because he also worked in the building and had to be back to clock in.

Fourth helper was a washed up former exotic dancer that kept asking me to come over for dinner. She complained practically the whole time and asked me constantly how much more work we had. She offered to give me a lap dance.

Sixth helper wanted me to be his cannabis courier for the county I work in. Unbelievable.

You let a few opportunities slip through your fingers.

clean hairy

Keep it up and Scooby will do a 12 helpers of Christmas song.....

Johney

It's December 26 tomorrow and all I can do is thank God Himself for this beautiful time, when driver helpers vanish overnight like the end of a annoying upper respiratory infection.

Time to dish your driver helper horror stories.
Uh...I always had a helper from Oct.15 til Jan.15.

35years

Gravy route
My helper informed me he didn't believe in taking showers except once every 2 weeks.

And he said he doesn't believe in wearing deodorant.

But he ran like a racehorse. And smelled like one too.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Had one kid show up that as messed up as it sounds would be a kid responsible for a school shooting. You can tell he was bullied and just stayed home playing games. He would vape and it was the worst smelling crap ever. I told him he has to leave the door open if he vapes but he kept closing it. Also seemed to skip a few showers here and there. After he helped me with the apartments I dropped him off and finished by myself lol. Feel bad for him but :censored2:kkkkkk dude was weird. One driver had him also and said he wouldn’t lift anything over 40lbs as it was too heavy for him. Had another young kid that was pretty good and talkative so it didn’t seem like long days with him. The end. Thanks for reading