Peak has now become the easiest time of year.

AKCoverMan

So this just reminded me of something I noticed about my favorite route to cover.

There are some routes in my center where the system (ORION or something similiar, idk) has the wrong speed limits inputted for the roads in the area. So the system thinks it'll take you 12min going 25mph, but the speed limits actually 40mph and you get there in nearly half the estimated time.

That might not make much sense, but the way it works out is that you go the speed limit and steadily watch your estimated arrival time go down, down, down. Makes me feel like I'm haulin' ass and the volume just melts away off of the truck.
Got a rural road on my route where if I have a stop at far end Mapnav will think it’s gonna take me almost an hour to go about six miles. So, yeah, you watch ETA drop like a rock all the way there. But I think that’s a complete different calculation than Orion ETA and yet another different calculation used by the system that calculates (after the fact) the over allowed numbers.. 🙄

AKCoverMan

Tbf we're also missing many accounts from before like Omaha Steaks, Petco etc. Barely any hams this year let alone gifts in general. It just seemed like normal volume to me.
Feel like I’m seeing all these products although definitely fewer of the steaks/wine country/hams/etc this year over last year. But still hit max hours last three weeks. Hoping to see less than ten hours a Day this week but not holding my breath.

Plenty of Petco got ton of peeps with subscription dog food.. couple breeders with big orders every couple weeks.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Got a rural road on my route where if I have a stop at far end Mapnav will think it’s gonna take me almost an hour to go about six miles. So, yeah, you watch ETA drop like a rock all the way there. But I think that’s a complete different calculation than Orion ETA and yet another different calculation used by the system that calculates (after the fact) the over allowed numbers.. 🙄

Sorry folks you wanna live out in BFE and you don’t maintain your road you can either come pick it up or I’ll leave it by the main road
Ain’t nobody got time for an hour to go 6 miles

Brownwind

Feel like I’m seeing all these products although definitely fewer of the steaks/wine country/hams/etc this year over last year. But still hit max hours last three weeks. Hoping to see less than ten hours a Day this week but not holding my breath.

Plenty of Petco got ton of peeps with subscription dog food.. couple breeders with big orders every couple weeks.
Yep The dog food and kitty litter are becoming more popular.
I don’t get to upset over it because my best customers are the ones who get the subscriptions. It’s all about the revenue.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
At least we will all be out of hours for Saturday, but true more often than not people want it both ways
Oh please even when it was light they still forced 6 days for peak, and this of course was during vacation blackout. I might be in a better mood if 8-9 hours a day for just 5 days becomes normal after the 15th but I highly doubt it will last.

And even if it did, the company would be in straight harassment and discipline mode for every second of those 8 hours.

As for petco, I wish retail investors would stop shorting it. It obviously is not going away, but they just don't care and you can't ever predict the bottom on a shorted stock it seems even if you know it's undervalued.

Last edited:

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
A lot of this goes back to two really bad peak seasons. 2013 the company over promised and we missed millions of Christmas deliveries and then they over hired the next year and they missed their Wall Street numbers. And then you have 2018 when it was so bad that they had to move package car nationwide to 70 dot hours. After that is when it became bearable and they started the PVD’s. That’s how I remember it.
Peak 2013 was a nightmare
C882E872-7481-49E0-9D84-0092611B591D.jpeg