Peak Helpers

Express Courier

I have found in the past few years that having a jumper makes my life much better. I’m not dead tired by Christmas Eve.
I had one randomly one day last year and it was great not feeling those dead legs that night when I got home. Only problem is my runner was some 18 year old annoying kid. After a few hours I wanted be like SHUT THE :censored2: UP! lol

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had one randomly one day last year and it was great not feeling those dead legs that night when I got home. Only problem is my runner was some 18 year old annoying kid. After a few hours I wanted be like SHUT THE :censored2: UP! lol
Lol. That’s why I’ve told my manager the last few years I want a jumper that is either foreign or not an American millennial.

McFeely

Huge Member
I have found in the past few years that having a jumper makes my life much better. I’m not dead tired by Christmas Eve.

I'm dead tired everyday anyway, honestly. The only thing my runner did last year was slow me down and make me get more hours, when all I really wanted to do was crank out my route and go home.

MAKAVELI

I personally find peak easier than the rest of the year. Routes usually get smaller, relaxed commit times, usually good weather ( out here in Cali ), food at the station, and tip$ from customers. :happy2:

whenIgetthere

I personally find peak easier than the rest of the year. Routes usually get smaller, relaxed commit times, usually good weather ( out here in Cali ), food at the station, and tip$ from customers. :happy2:

I agree, except with the tips. Lots of rich folk, they don't give tips. LOL Got a hundred bucks from one customer two years ago. Guy who covers part of my area on Mondays found out about it, and told the guy he wanted half last year. At Christmas time, the guy told me he wouldn't give be giving a tip because of "the loud mouth" who delivers once a month on Mondays. Oh well, didn't expect it every year anyway.

McFeely

Huge Member
^ and that's why I don't tell other couriers about the gifts I get on my route. If I get cash or a gift card, I'll generally buy coffees or a round at the bar to the swings and others who cover my route though.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
^ and that's why I don't tell other couriers about the gifts I get on my route. If I get cash or a gift card, I'll generally buy coffees or a round at the bar to the swings and others who cover my route though.
You’re nicer than me. My tips are mine. I earn them 47 weeks out of the year. The covers get their tips by having the pleasure of doing my cake route and earning extra hours as a result. Lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I agree, except with the tips. Lots of rich folk, they don't give tips. LOL Got a hundred bucks from one customer two years ago. Guy who covers part of my area on Mondays found out about it, and told the guy he wanted half last year. At Christmas time, the guy told me he wouldn't give be giving a tip because of "the loud mouth" who delivers once a month on Mondays. Oh well, didn't expect it every year anyway.
Well that was very rude of the courier. I can’t believe he actually said that to the customer.

Star B

White Lightening
The covers ask me when I’m to be off next so they can do my route. Windshield time, Baby! Lol.
The only windshield routes we have around by us are now murderous ice-rinks because of the winter. And management doesn't give a :censored2: about what they pile on you. I'm still working on the not giving a crap about DEX1s. its getting better by the day though.

SmithBarney

Except the one year I was out having a baby during peak, after I returned customer asked if I got the card/gift they gave to the person(by name) covering my route... NOPE.. It was a $$$ giftcard for a babies r us for my new baby... coverage driver denied it. My customer liked me enough to get me another card.. that's how I know they still like me, they take care of me every year now and if they see the other driver they treat them like dirt.

vantexan

Except the one year I was out having a baby during peak, after I returned customer asked if I got the card/gift they gave to the person(by name) covering my route... NOPE.. It was a $$$ giftcard for a babies r us for my new baby... coverage driver denied it. My customer liked me enough to get me another card.. that's how I know they still like me, they take care of me every year now and if they see the other driver they treat them like dirt.
After my first year as a courier I put in for a transfer to a cheaper location. Lady on my route wrote a nice letter to my manager praising me. She asked me what I thought of the letter which I hadn't heard anything about. She called Memphis and went off about it. Manager calls me into office and reads very wrinkled letter he had trashed to me, very red faced. I sat there and grinned at him.

Oldfart

After my first year as a courier I put in for a transfer to a cheaper location. Lady on my route wrote a nice letter to my manager praising me. She asked me what I thought of the letter which I hadn't heard anything about. She called Memphis and went off about it. Manager calls me into office and reads very wrinkled letter he had trashed to me, very red faced. I sat there and grinned at him.
Thought you said all your managers LOVED you. Guess you were mistaken. Bummer

vantexan

Thought you said all your managers LOVED you. Guess you were mistaken. Bummer
He did love me. Asked me to stay. Was angry that I transferred. At the time that county was the most expensive in the U.S.. Average cost of a home in that city was $350,000 in 1988. Next door city was $700k. But keep trying. I know it gives your life meaning now that you can't rag on coworkers all day.

Oldfart

He did love me. Asked me to stay. Was angry that I transferred. At the time that county was the most expensive in the U.S.. Average cost of a home in that city was $350,000 in 1988. Next door city was $700k. But keep trying. I know it gives your life meaning now that you can't rag on coworkers all day.
He loved you so much he decided to hide a complimentary letter from a customer? So you claim it would influence you to stay if you didn't know about the letter? That's funny.

You are such a DRAMA king. You have a dramatic story to tell from nearly every time you interacted with a co-worker or management. Reviews, survey feedbacks, check rides. Can you not get along with anyone? Your co-workers and management must have hated you to the core. You wined, bitched and complained about any and everything if your stories you posted about are true.

floridays

You’re nicer than me. My tips are mine. I earn them 47 weeks out of the year. The covers get their tips by having the pleasure of doing my cake route and earning extra hours as a result. Lol.
Have I ever told you I picture you as a Mrs. Smith's apple cobbler, delectable, yet hard to obtain? With blonde hair of course.:lol::lol::thumbup1: