Peak Hires

dragracer66

At my building they have begun to road test and hire peak package and feeder drivers. they started last month hiring for the hub. Anybody else seen this in there buildings? It gets earlier every year. They brought back 2 retired center managers to do this.....

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Yeah. I've heard all
Kinda of stories. We started sending them out with just large bulk stops to free up room in the trucks for the guys that can get it done n
Felt bad for one lady...left a place she'd been with 15 years to come drive here...after a few days of them realizing she couldn't complete a route they just sent her out in the rental trucks with bulk stops...she kept talking about how much she loved it here and was glad she switched...poor soul

542thruNthru

We had a HR guy a few years back tell every helper that was hired for peak that it was a permanent full time job. Turns out he lied to them all so they wouldn't quit and go somewhere else.

A lot of angry drivers at the end of the year having to break the truth to some of the seasonals.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Be straight with your helper, you wouldn't want to be treated that way. I won't lie to him just to get them to go faster. At the same time if you know the facts and stay I expect the same level of work out of them I do. You wanna quit, there's the door.

Being straight with people up front might not be what's going to get the best results, but it's the right thing to do, let the chips fall where they may. When the smoke clears everyone know where they stand and the expectations there of.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Be straight with your helper, you wouldn't want to be treated that way. I won't lie to him just to get them to go faster. At the same time if you know the facts and stay I expect the same level of work out of them I do. You wanna quit, there's the door.

Being straight with people up front might not be what's going to get the best results, but it's the right thing to do, let the chips fall where they may. When the smoke clears everyone know where they stand and the expectations there of.

Correct. I am strait up front also. Think of it as x Mas gift money. I was lucky when I first got hired as a cover (casual) . They had no truck for me. So I was a helper. The driver had a big yard wagon for me. Left for an hr as I lugged that stupid thing up hills. Just to come back and fill it again. Also was the coldest I ever got. Now my truck is awesome for heat. No matter how cold it is. Tell them 3 things. Seat belt always. Always cross behind the truck, make sure you walk out of the truck using the hand rail facing forward. Then turn to grab the box. To deliver. Oh yeah -- close the door so the heat stays in.