Peak is Ovah...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Because he still cares.

I’m used to Peak Season, they have always been difficult. It’s just the level of stupidity I witnessed this time around was mind boggling. I got to meet a lot of corporate higher ups and I learned a lot. One of them told me that there was a driver hiring freeze all year which did my Hub in. My Center was twelve drivers short all year, that and the thirty plus that went into Feeder left us with a lot of new drivers. They spent over $15M on my building this year expanding it and adding a new automated small sort that didn’t work too well. I hope they make some changes in local management, there was no excuse for the poor planning that happened. I’m not planning on being in Forest Park this time next year if I decide to keep working.

Dhydratd

Peak isn't ovah here! We were informed yesterday that this Saturday will be another forced day!!
Why the hell does our Union allow this :censored2: to continue? Christmas is over, what's the damn rush to get anything delivered anymore?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Peak isn't ovah here! We were informed yesterday that this Saturday will be another forced day!!
Why the hell does our Union allow this :censored2: to continue? Christmas is over, what's the damn rush to get anything delivered anymore?
You will soon be overwhelmed with Amazon call tags.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Tried to deliver a case of wine today. Sheeted as missed (damaged). Three of the six bottles had popped corks. Must have been a little cold the last few days.

35years

Gravy route
Peak is now over for me.
9.5 protection carries over Jan 1.
8 hour requests start Jan 1.

I don't care how much volume we get next week.

I won my 9.5 grievance at panel, and they are REQUIRED to keep my stops down.

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
Yeah I know what you mean, I was hired as a helper in late November and I’ve been on a golf cart route. Last week every day I was hitting 90-120 stops and didn’t have any days less than 8 hours. This week both days have had 50 stops and I’m done in about 3-4 hours. The drop off was crazy, I was kinda expecting it to still be busy into mid to late January but that doesn’t seem to be the case, I’m expecting this to be my last week because of it. I’m also hoping to get a job doing preload and from what the drivers I’ve been talking to have been saying that looks like I’ve got a good chance.
So how many stops were you required to do on the golf cart per hour? I was told I needed to do 20 stops per hour. At first that didn't happen..but on good days when everything went good, I was doing over 100 in 6 hours. That included driving back to the pod and reloading several times. My last two days I had over 150 stops in the cart... which I wasn't able to do before it got dark. I had help thankfully, and then the cart broke down on my last trip to the pod. I finally unloaded my cart and trailer back into the pod before it got dark and said... I'm Done! So... I picked up my big check today for my last week. Thanks for that $100.00 Christmas bonus UPS! Y'all just rock! :lips::winkiss::winkiss::winkiss:

CaptainGPro

Yeah I know what you mean, I was hired as a helper in late November and I’ve been on a golf cart route. Last week every day I was hitting 90-120 stops and didn’t have any days less than 8 hours. This week both days have had 50 stops and I’m done in about 3-4 hours. The drop off was crazy, I was kinda expecting it to still be busy into mid to late January but that doesn’t seem to be the case, I’m expecting this to be my last week because of it. I’m also hoping to get a job doing preload and from what the drivers I’ve been talking to have been saying that looks like I’ve got a good chance.
So how many stops were you required to do on the golf cart per hour? I was told I needed to do 20 stops per hour. At first that didn't happen..but on good days when everything went good, I was doing over 100 in 6 hours. That included driving back to the pod and reloading several times. My last two days I had over 150 stops in the cart... which I wasn't able to do before it got dark. I had help thankfully, and then the cart broke down on my last trip to the pod. I finally unloaded my cart and trailer back into the pod before it got dark and said... I'm Done! So... I picked up my big check today for my last week. Thanks for that $100.00 Christmas bonus UPS! Y'all just rock! :lips::winkiss::winkiss::winkiss:

They never told me a stops per hour I had to make, probably because they were just happy to have someone doing the work.

My area was a 2 mike radius which included 3 roads that were over 50 MPH which I didn’t find out I wasn’t supposed to be on until the end of my time at the pod.

Before they used to have 2 pods in my area because of those roads. but like my driver said, this year UPS just didn’t give a :censored2:.

Maplewood

[/QUOTE]
Lol. Safety is the last thing UPS ever gives a :censored2: about these days.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Heads are gonna roll there. They have to.

Heads did roll today. During our PCM, our District Manager introduced our new Division Manager. One of the local news outlets supposedly announced that two members of UPS management were fired over our Hub debacle.

Yesterday, the Helper phones disappeared out of the building with most of our local management knowing nothing about this. This means our golf carts routes are out even though we usually run them another week. This morning, the same District Manager announced that we couldn't use Driver Helpers anymore without special permission. My center had two accidents the first three days of the year, so that's going to be a problem.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Heads did roll today. During our PCM, our District Manager introduced our new Division Manager. One of the local news outlets supposedly announced that two members of UPS management were fired over our Hub debacle.

Yesterday, the Helper phones disappeared out of the building with most of our local management knowing nothing about this. This means our golf carts routes are out even though we usually run them another week. This morning, the same District Manager announced that we couldn't use Driver Helpers anymore without special permission. My center had two accidents the first three days of the year, so that's going to be a problem.
You sure they just didn’t move them to another building...lol ... is your guys division manager domiciled out of your building???

Coldworld

60 months and counting

So how’s that special “go” team work out for you guys???

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So how’s that special “go” team work out for you guys???
I guess we are pretty much running clean now. They had to try all kinds of different things and eventually got enough people who could drive to actually deliver the mess. Perhaps after two years in a row maybe somebody will decide to hire enough drivers in time to get the job done. I just know that two "are no longer with the company", so I guess enough bad publicity did force the right solution to the problem.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I guess we are pretty much running clean now. They had to try all kinds of different things and eventually got enough people who could drive to actually deliver the mess. Perhaps after two years in a row maybe somebody will decide to hire enough drivers in time to get the job done. I just know that two "are no longer with the company", so I guess enough bad publicity did force the right solution to the problem.
Isn’t ie the ultimate ones to blame.... they are the ones who authorized the amount of people that were used...

rod

Retired 22 years

You should know by now that they weren't fired---they were just transferred to another location to continue their stupidity (usually to feeders). I saw it happen on numerous occasions. Hell --- they were probably even given a promotion.