Peak is Ovah...

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Peak is still on at my beloved Forest Park, Ga Hub. There were two news trucks taking film of disgruntled customers lined up outside our Customer Counter trying to get packages. The “Ready Team” that was sent to bail us out went from 200 down to 50 people today. I pulled up on U-Haul rental on my area that had an out of state supervisor. He was lost, his delivery area was ten miles away in another city. View attachment 172381
Yesterday, I saw some pics of how bad it is there. Damn, you weren't kidding. It's bad!

Last edited:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Peak is still on at my beloved Forest Park, Ga Hub. There were two news trucks taking film of disgruntled customers lined up outside our Customer Counter trying to get packages. The “Ready Team” that was sent to bail us out went from 200 down to 50 people today. I pulled up on U-Haul rental on my area that had an out of state supervisor. He was lost, his delivery area was ten miles away in another city. View attachment 172381
He/she should have brought an ORION supervisor along. All would have been fine.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I’ve seen some packages with at least five PAL labels. Round and round they go.
F76D6EA2-5FFB-4F63-95D6-8558FD7DECFA.jpeg

purplecafe

Been working for a month as a loader. Some things I've noticed/thoughts:

It's pretty interesting the transformation that happens during peak and post-Christmas. Came into the hub yesterday for an early PM start and saw about 10-15 package trucks parked which was never the case before. The volume was the lowest I've seen and it showed in the amount of hours I got to work which was 2.5 hours. For the first time since my first day of work, I found myself standing around waiting for packages to come down or trying to look busy. A couple guys and I ended up helping with bulk from another area. Really weird situation since I was so used to constantly working.

The week after Black Friday and the following first week of December were definitely the busiest. Some days were rough. Some days not so bad. I got pissed, annoyed, frustrated, but kept at it.

During the first week of Dec, I saw a bunch of people everyday outside security waiting for interviews/orientation. I think only a handful were hired. Seems like a waste of time at that point. Which reminds me that I shouldve applied during early November at the latest. More weeks wouldve been nice.

I'm kinda amazed at the amount of people that end up quitting as loaders or even quitting during the training phase. Especially the people that went to training all 3 days and then dont even show up on the first day of work. At least try it out before making your decision. During peak, I realized that if these people actually stayed, I wouldnt have to load 3-4 trailers. What a PITA that was. Things were definitely understaffed during my shift. Im not the biggest guy, but I survived peak. Showed up almost everyday (missed a couple days due to sickness). It's hard work, but it's not that bad. And judging by this weeks volume, I'd imagine the permanent loaders will have it relatively easy until summer (that summer heat will be a bitch. even in 75-80 degree weather I could feel the heat inside trailers).

With that said, I thought I may have a decent chance of them keeping me past seasonal, but after looking at the volume, I dont see why they would need me for twilight. Whatever happens, I;d say this was a great experience.

CaptainGPro

Been working for a month as a loader. Some things I've noticed/thoughts:

It's pretty interesting the transformation that happens during peak and post-Christmas. Came into the hub yesterday for an early PM start and saw about 10-15 package trucks parked which was never the case before. The volume was the lowest I've seen and it showed in the amount of hours I got to work which was 2.5 hours. For the first time since my first day of work, I found myself standing around waiting for packages to come down or trying to look busy. A couple guys and I ended up helping with bulk from another area. Really weird situation since I was so used to constantly working.

The week after Black Friday and the following first week of December were definitely the busiest. Some days were rough. Some days not so bad. I got pissed, annoyed, frustrated, but kept at it.

During the first week of Dec, I saw a bunch of people everyday outside security waiting for interviews/orientation. I think only a handful were hired. Seems like a waste of time at that point. Which reminds me that I shouldve applied during early November at the latest. More weeks wouldve been nice.

I'm kinda amazed at the amount of people that end up quitting as loaders or even quitting during the training phase. Especially the people that went to training all 3 days and then dont even show up on the first day of work. At least try it out before making your decision. During peak, I realized that if these people actually stayed, I wouldnt have to load 3-4 trailers. What a PITA that was. Things were definitely understaffed during my shift. Im not the biggest guy, but I survived peak. Showed up almost everyday (missed a couple days due to sickness). It's hard work, but it's not that bad. And judging by this weeks volume, I'd imagine the permanent loaders will have it relatively easy until summer (that summer heat will be a bitch. even in 75-80 degree weather I could feel the heat inside trailers).

With that said, I thought I may have a decent chance of them keeping me past seasonal, but after looking at the volume, I dont see why they would need me for twilight. Whatever happens, I;d say this was a great experience.

Yeah I know what you mean, I was hired as a helper in late November and I’ve been on a golf cart route. Last week every day I was hitting 90-120 stops and didn’t have any days less than 8 hours. This week both days have had 50 stops and I’m done in about 3-4 hours. The drop off was crazy, I was kinda expecting it to still be busy into mid to late January but that doesn’t seem to be the case, I’m expecting this to be my last week because of it. I’m also hoping to get a job doing preload and from what the drivers I’ve been talking to have been saying that looks like I’ve got a good chance.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Because he still cares.

Come on @scratch, you know deep down you still care. You’ve been doing the job too long NOT to. It’s in your blood. You don’t want to and you might not care as much, but you still care. If you didn’t, it wouldn’t bother you so much. Any of us who have been around a long time still care a little about our companies doing the right thing. We don’t know to be any other way. :(