Peak is Ovah...

Jondlc

I went in at 10am, got on a route with 135 stops that I didnt even know at around 1030am. Felt like :censored2: and dizzy at around 2:45pm and called it a day with 75 stops left. Center manager and sup got hella pissed at me. Fun times tomorrow when they call me to the office to try and intimidate me with disciplinary bs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not dealing with micro management & time commits, just my B2B & focus customers, then straight line towards my home for the rest of the day

Was it @UpstateNYUPSer who said

yeah, I knows we HD drivers are taken advantage of but OrioN knows how to make lemonade from acorns

Just giving a view of the eggplant side to give these snowflake brownies a bigger picture

Happy Festivus!

While there may be more to life than money, you are clearly working way too hard for far too little of a return.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Op needs, no worries! I work those hours because the investors think having one driver is cheaper than having 2... if peak density is similar ALL year long, then 3 routes would be feasible.

Yeah, I've become complacent with my current route because my customers know how I run it now after almost 2 years on it.

Some focus customers have my prepaid cellphone# for Sig required boxes and we work it out on the first attempt (I clean plate since I loathe send agains)

I have side hustle gigs to make up for it. Being a landlord is one- passive income is key here while establishing equity to use as leverage to attain more rental properties. If I'm staying in the same state by social security age, I will need about 5 properties to enjoy retirement
You should network with UpstateNYUPSer on financial issues. He really knows how to squirrel it away.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You should network with UpstateNYUPSer on financial issues. He really knows how to squirrel it away.
He's a landlord too??? Real estate's roi way better than being a subcontractor for FedEx... thank goodness I didn't become a single route owner operator.

they're squeezing more nickels from their settlements year after year while management treating the drivers as their own employees, when it's really the business agent s job

A circus Tuesday will be. Tons of people used option days.

Circus was a nice word for it. Three people got hurt today, and all because start time wasn't early enough and they sent fridges and Xmas trees and shjt flying down the belt at Mach 3.

They don't seem to understand you can't overload the belt and expect everyone to stack out all shift (or have room to) and then wrap 4 to 6 cars in 10 minutes or less.

(I couldn't help but laugh at the number of Xmas trees rofl).

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
they sent fridges and Xmas trees and shjt flying down the belt at Mach 3.
Wtf?!? Even a lowly FedEx p&d manager knows to pull irregs aside for the tug-train...

images.jpeg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
There was a nice number of missed friday/saturday volume for sure. Tuesday was probably rolled over in a bid to have more drivers and loaders on Wednesday. The union here is too strong to leave us drowning in volume.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Peak is still on at my beloved Forest Park, Ga Hub. There were two news trucks taking film of disgruntled customers lined up outside our Customer Counter trying to get packages. The “Ready Team” that was sent to bail us out went from 200 down to 50 people today. I pulled up on U-Haul rental on my area that had an out of state supervisor. He was lost, his delivery area was ten miles away in another city.
DC3C4247-73B3-4710-B9AF-67921C38CD53.jpeg

The Driver

I drive.
Peak is still on at my beloved Forest Park, Ga Hub. There were two news trucks taking film of disgruntled customers lined up outside our Customer Counter trying to get packages. The “Ready Team” that was sent to bail us out went from 200 down to 50 people today. I pulled up on U-Haul rental on my area that had an out of state supervisor. He was lost, his delivery area was ten miles away in another city. View attachment 172381

Heads are gonna roll there. They have to.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Heads are gonna roll there. They have to.
They should, but I doubt anything will happen. A demotion or lateral move, we have some management folks that are untouchable. They just move them around to other buildings to wreck havoc elsewhere. I see it all the time.