Peak Mode or Methods?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I will admit peak has changed a lot. The company can no longer predict what volume will be or even when our peak days will be. This makes it very hard to plan for peak. Last year we over hired I get that. Hell I only worked 2-3 days a week for most of peak season.

It's hard to staff correctly for what might be 4-5 random really heavy days. What they need to do is figure out how to get more money out of the shippers for these unpredicted spikes.

Last edited:

ixtab

Methods - always - stops come off quicker 'cause usually the areas are tighter - (like every other house has a pkg)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I've heard from reliable sources that staffing will be 60% of last years. Whether you want to believe me is your choice, but I've got some really good ears on the track.

PT Car Washer

I've heard from reliable sources that staffing will be 60% of last years. Whether you want to believe me is your choice, but I've got some really good ears on the track.
A couple months ago a Center Manager told me her boss said staffing would be the same as last Peak. Of course that can all change overnight.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
5% reduction, of course they'd tell the public their not slashing their workforce. If they announced a 40% reduction in staffing the stock would be murdered, and shippers would be scared.
Why would the stock be murdered? They'd be seen as cutting costs.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Why would the stock be murdered? They'd be seen as cutting costs.
That could also be seen as a reduction in workforce as competition would be seen hiring more people. One could surmise that the competition would be taking the volume away from UPS and UPS is staffing accordingly to their own volume.

PT Car Washer

they may hire 95k for peak, but how many are left after subracting the ones that quit after a few days?
Or the ones in the hub and preload that walk out during break. How about driver helpers hired in Oct. and Nov. and not worked until the second week of Dec. I guess good help is hard to find.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Me when people talk about peak season:
tumblr_inline_mf7is4cRCQ1qitwpw.gif

bumped

Who cares, same as any other day. One stop at a time. My helper the last few years is slow. She only has to take direction once, and she knows how to use the DIAD.

Overpaid Union Thug

We take a 10 minute lunch. Methods LOL. They pay us to work. I work. Screw a lunch. We in upstate NY most the time is a blizzard off the lakes. 10 minutes. Keep going. And yes they do not take my 45 minutes out of my time card. SERVICE during peak. No one gets fired. Wellllllllllll for peak at least
Follow the methods. Peak is no different.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
2 peaks ago I was bringing back 50+ missed stops to the building daily. I couldn't give two :censored2:s if it gets deliveried or not. If you set me up to fail then I will.
Same. I was sheeting 50 plus stops missed daily, well they had us falsify it as EC, but yeah...