Peak Rehire

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was hired about 9 weeks ago as a seasonal for peak. I was one of the few that is to be rehired after peak. My supervisor said that all benefits relating seniority or work is forgotten and I start over. Is this true? Surely UPS doesn't allow me to be terminated for 2 days then rehired and that restarts all the time I have been there. If it is true it's not the end of the world just curious if this is normal practice.
20181013_213858.png

barnyard

KTM rider
It might depend but here the rehire would not matter and seniority earned would go back to your peak hire date.

That really depends on the region.

I was hired June 21 in the Central Region. My seniority date is September 7, which was the Tuesday after Labor Day that year.

ajax25

I was hired about 9 weeks ago as a seasonal for peak. I was one of the few that is to be rehired after peak. My supervisor said that all benefits relating seniority or work is forgotten and I start over. Is this true? Surely UPS doesn't allow me to be terminated for 2 days then rehired and that restarts all the time I have been there. If it is true it's not the end of the world just curious if this is normal practice.
View attachment 231846

You guys who are always pointing this out. Do you realize the app has no search button? Or maybe I’ve just never found it? Most of the “noobs” are likely younger and are I’m guessing using the app like everyone else.

ajax25

I mention the above statement because the app is all I use. It’s convenient but is lacking in some functions such as a search button and the ability to edit your profile/avatar

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I mention the above statement because the app is all I use. It’s convenient but is lacking in some functions such as a search button and the ability to edit your profile/avatar
I would also mention to the newbies of an app called upsrising which allows you to key in a local # and word search every applicable contract at once.