Peak Season

bbsam

Staff member
B4D313BD-BDCE-4962-B764-A7B880012AE5.jpeg

B4D313BD-BDCE-4962-B764-A7B880012AE5.jpeg

242 stops. Maybe a 7 hour day.

bacha29

The outrageous numbers are indicative of how hard IWBF people have to work just to survive. He won't admit but it's all state minimum wage plus piece work rate.
IWBF's best and only response is to call my comments "funny". It's the truth and he knows it as evidenced by repeated calls for him to disclose the terms of his so called "incentive" based compensation plan ..but refuses to do so.

bacha29

He worked around 50 hrs for the week and made $1800. Do you ever get tired of being ignorant and wrong?
And how many stops and boxes did he have lug in that 50 hour timeline? Moreover on the surface that would appear to be competitive compared to say Express . Now tell us what is the cost of your benefit plan for both you and your employee so that we can see how that compares to the benefit plans cost to both employer and employee at Express? That is where the truth lies.

Additionally tell us what the guy is going to make when things slow down in January especially if the economic slowdown is a severe as some believe it might become.

I may be ignorant but I'm not stupid and I know a little bit about the labor rate that is factored into the stop and piece rate Ground is in the end willing to pay following the completion of that so called "negotiated" contract.

bbsam

Staff member
IWBF's best and only response is to call my comments "funny". It's the truth and he knows it as evidenced by repeated calls for him to disclose the terms of his so called "incentive" based compensation plan ..but refuses to do so.
Base pay. Day six and seven (under 10,000) time+1/2. $50 per day holiday bonus. $1 per stop over 200 stop.
$150 per week for distant routes over 120 stops.

bacha29

Base pay. Day six and seven (under 10,000) time+1/2. $50 per day holiday bonus. $1 per stop over 200 stop.
$150 per week for distant routes over 120 stops.
So what's the base pay? And what do you call distant route in terms of miles run per day? At least you appear to admit the fact that everyone of your box ox works 6 days week year round which more often than not ends up at or close to a 70 hour work week.

Sure your guys and IWBF's will eventually make Express/UPS comparable money if they put in twice as many hours per week and move 2-3 times the number of stops and boxes.

bbsam

Staff member
So what's the base pay? And what do you call distant route in terms of miles run per day? At least you appear to admit the fact that everyone of your box ox works 6 days week year round which more often than not ends up at or close to a 70 hour work week.

Sure your guys and IWBF's will eventually make Express/UPS comparable money if they put in twice as many hours per week and move 2-3 times the number of stops and boxes.
Lol. No :censored2:. Even during peak we aren’t close to 70 hours a week. 6 and 7 day is optional most of the year.

Distant routes are ones that start half our or more from the terminal.

You really need to figure out that you don’t really know about Ground anymore. It’s changed so much even in the last year that I don’t recognize it from 2 years ago.

But the company is doing some self scouting. Seems that around 2500 stops a day, contractors start failing. It’s not just a couple. So the company is doing some financial auditing to see what’s wrong with the settlement structure. Yes. I know. You feel that’s all so incredibly intrusive.

I just went through a different company audit. Of course I was concerned when I got the notice but just contacted my office help and accounting firm and let them handle it. Because you know what? This is a $2 million a year venture I’m running. I have neither the desire nor the expertise to cover those issues.

vantexan

I concur. After 3 hours he was probably in the ER with a pulse and heart rate off the charts a temperature of 106 and a BP of 240/190. But then again they're on piece so they have to work this hard. But they won't last long but then again he has a huge population base to draw from . That's what he has going for him .
Even if he had to work that hard he couldn't. If he could move like that he'd make a heck of a lot more winning Olympic gold medals.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
62F38BEF-9226-4486-A403-A43F0DDC571F.jpeg

This is what a country route has come to look like. Roughly 120 stops 45 minutes from building but still a tight delivery area compared to a year ago.

bacha29

Lol. No *. Even during peak we aren’t close to 70 hours a week. 6 and 7 day is optional most of the year.

Distant routes are ones that start half our or more from the terminal.

You really need to figure out that you don’t really know about Ground anymore. It’s changed so much even in the last year that I don’t recognize it from 2 years ago.

But the company is doing some self scouting. Seems that around 2500 stops a day, contractors start failing. It’s not just a couple. So the company is doing some financial auditing to see what’s wrong with the settlement structure. Yes. I know. You feel that’s all so incredibly intrusive.

I just went through a different company audit. Of course I was concerned when I got the notice but just contacted my help and accounting firm and let them handle it. Because you know what? This is a $2 million a year venture I’m running. I have neither the desire nor the expertise to cover those issues.
Yours is a privately held corporation and all information financial and otherwise is privileged information protected under US privacy laws. Yet, you have no damn choice but just to bend over. Another example of Fedex's belief that the law doesn't apply to them Their intrusive behavior and total disrespect for the laws governing and protecting your interests represents conclusive proof that what you have in no way shape or form comes anywhere close to meeting both the formal and generally definition of the word "business". Any claims to the contrary are simply figments of the contractor's imagination.

The daily operations may have changed but the fundamentals haven't when it comes to why you exist, the role you perform and the manner in which you are being used.

falcon back

Yours is a privately held corporation and all information financial and otherwise is privileged information protected under US privacy laws. Yet, you have no damn choice but just to bend over. Another example of Fedex's belief that the law doesn't apply to them Their intrusive behavior and total disrespect for the laws governing and protecting your interests represents conclusive proof that what you have in no way shape or form comes anywhere close to meeting both the formal and generally definition of the word "business". Any claims to the contrary are simply figments of the contractor's imagination.

The daily operations may have changed but the fundamentals haven't when it comes to why you exist, the role you perform and the manner in which you are being used.
You are another tool that eats, drinks and sleeps the daily activities of a company you hate and no longer work at. Why is that.? If you hate it so bad, just move along.

bacha29

You are another tool that eats, drinks and sleeps the daily activities of a company you hate and no longer work at. Why is that.? If you hate it so bad, just move along.
And you're a person who simply cannot cope with the practices of a company completely different from the one you once worked for. But, never fear, mental health is here and there are grief counselors standing by ready to help you in any way possible..

falcon back

And you're a person who simply cannot cope with the practices of a company completely different from the one you once worked for. But, never fear, mental health is here and there are grief counselors standing by ready to help you in any way possible..
Why does the companys ways bother you so much? If you don't work there and you hate it so bad, leave in the rear view mirror. Instead, you study it day and night. So sad. Get a life.