Peak Season

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Playing what card?
That you voted for Trump in 2016 but he lost you in 2020. Anyone who voted for him in 2016 knew exactly what they were voting for and exactly what they were getting. Hard to credibly claim that getting exactly what you wanted was a reason not to vote for him again.

AB831

That you voted for Trump in 2016 but he lost you in 2020. Anyone who voted for him in 2016 knew exactly what they were voting for and exactly what they were getting. Hard to credibly claim that getting exactly what you wanted was a reason not to vote for him again.
I voted for Trump in 2016 and Biden in 2020, and I couldn’t give a damn less what you think about it.

AB831

You voted for a certain types of policies, got them, and then voted for opposite types of policies?

ROTFLMAO!
Um.....no....I voted for the candidate who wasn’t named Clinton, realized it was a mistake, and voted for his opponent four years later. Really not very hard to grasp, but you’re really not as smart as you think you are either.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Um.....no....I voted for the candidate who wasn’t named Clinton, realized it was a mistake, and voted for his opponent four years later. Really not very hard to grasp, but you’re really not as smart as you think you are either.
The 2016 election was a joke anyway.

Between Trump and Clinton, it was a case of pick your poison,

Kinda' like being incarcerated with either @falcon back or @59 Dano. Both of them are incredibly annoying.

dmac1

No, he inherited a mess that the Bush administration was only a part of. Democrat Congressmen played a significant part, as did greedy banks and Wall Street traders. And don't forget the millions of people who took out mortgages that they couldn't possibly pay but were counting on an endless rising market. Basic laws of economics were ignored and the result now allows Democrats to claim it was a Republican president responsible for it all. And Biden was too busy lining his own nest during the Obama years to be given credit for anything. The truly funny thing is the far Left voted for people they think can install radical change but all they really got were greedy bastards who'll be too busy grabbing what they can.
Nothing that happened under Bush was his fault. Everything that happened under Obama was Obama's fault, or maybe Bidens, and nothing that has happened under Trump is Trump's fault.

We get it.

dmac1

I don't see any push to get rid of Social Security. And I'm not going to be here for Medicare but since I paid into it like everyone else if I have a major issue it'll cover I'll come back to use it. But my point was, which you are clearly avoiding, is there's plenty of blame to go around and you can't lay it at the feet of just one person or one party for that matter.
Trump tried to rescind payroll tax withholding that has the effect of hastening the crisis that will result in 25% reduction in benefits across the board for Social Security beneficiaries without a tax increase.

vantexan

Nothing that happened under Bush was his fault. Everything that happened under Obama was Obama's fault, or maybe Bidens, and nothing that has happened under Trump is Trump's fault.

We get it.
If you say so. Bush took us to war in Iraq when it was mostly Saudis that attacked us on 9/11. Trump won't stop tweeting and his style contributed to his loss. But Trump did good things that many liberals refuse to give him credit for. And both the Washington Post and USA Today had extensive articles on who was to blame for the 2008 meltdown. A lot of people besides Bush involved.

dmac1

If you say so. Bush took us to war in Iraq when it was mostly Saudis that attacked us on 9/11. Trump won't stop tweeting and his style contributed to his loss. But Trump did good things that many liberals refuse to give him credit for. And both the Washington Post and USA Today had extensive articles on who was to blame for the 2008 meltdown. A lot of people besides Bush involved.
The buck stops at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Except when republicans don't like it. Bush literally did NOTHING to fight back against anything congress did or didn't do. He CHOSE to let it go on.

vantexan

Trump tried to rescind payroll tax withholding that has the effect of hastening the crisis that will result in 25% reduction in benefits across the board for Social Security beneficiaries without a tax increase.
The Social Security Trust Fund was estimated to run out in 2032-2036 depending on who you ask. That was before Trump took office. At that point SS funding will only come from payroll taxes and employer matching. That was known before 2016. And will pay us 75-78% of the promised benefit depending on who you ask. Obama by the way cut the SS payroll tax by 2% in 2010 and extended it in 2012.

vantexan

The buck stops at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Except when republicans don't like it. Bush literally did NOTHING to fight back against anything congress did or didn't do. He CHOSE to let it go on.
You'll have to be more specific. He vetoed 12 bills.

dmac1

You'll have to be more specific. He vetoed 12 bills.
What did Bush do or propose to do to stop the crisis in mtg lending???? If he let the indiscriminate lending go on while doing nothing, and blaming the prior administration and congress for laws he didn't agree with, he IS to blame for not stopping it, even if he didn't start it. Just like Trump is to be blamed for not stopping the spread of covid once it was here, even if it started in China. Once it was here, he was in charge of it, and has failed.

Bush should have proposed something, anything, other than an "ownership" society that seemingly promoted home ownership at ANY cost while protecting shady investment schemes with promises of taxpayer "insurance" for banks.. And it was NOT government lending programs that made the loans without documentation, but when those millions of loans- made by banks and investment firms that saw guaranteed profit safe from losses- went bad, the whole sector suffered. They couldn't let the big banks go when they had been such good donors over the years. The radical right has no problem with 'socializing' corporate loss, as long as private individuals living on minimal income get nothing.