Peak Season

vantexan

What did Bush do or propose to do to stop the crisis in mtg lending???? If he let the indiscriminate lending go on while doing nothing, and blaming the prior administration and congress for laws he didn't agree with, he IS to blame for not stopping it, even if he didn't start it. Just like Trump is to be blamed for not stopping the spread of covid once it was here, even if it started in China. Once it was here, he was in charge of it, and has failed.

Bush should have proposed something, anything, other than an "ownership" society that seemingly promoted home ownership at ANY cost while protecting shady investment schemes with promises of taxpayer "insurance" for banks.. And it was NOT government lending programs that made the loans without documentation, but when those millions of loans- made by banks and investment firms that saw guaranteed profit safe from losses- went bad, the whole sector suffered. They couldn't let the big banks go when they had been such good donors over the years. The radical right has no problem with 'socializing' corporate loss, as long as private individuals living on minimal income get nothing.
His administration put out warnings that weren't heeded. Democrat Congressmen pushed banks to lend to unqualified applicants. Wall Street bundled all of those mortgages into securities. When the mortgages weren't being paid it all unraveled. You can't lay it all at the feet of Bush anymore than you can lay 9/11 at Clinton's feet for not getting bin Laden when he had the chance. And don't take my word for it, the Washington Post and USA Today had very extensive articles laying out who was involved and to blame. Hardly right wing radicals.

It will be fine

His administration put out warnings that weren't heeded. Democrat Congressmen pushed banks to lend to unqualified applicants. Wall Street bundled all of those mortgages into securities. When the mortgages weren't being paid it all unraveled. You can't lay it all at the feet of Bush anymore than you can lay 9/11 at Clinton's feet for not getting bin Laden when he had the chance. And don't take my word for it, the Washington Post and USA Today had very extensive articles laying out who was involved and to blame. Hardly right wing radicals.
9-11 was Bush’s fault, happened under his watch. Why would you blame Clinton?

vantexan

9-11 was Bush’s fault, happened under his watch. Why would you blame Clinton?
Because Clinton was warned about bin Laden and even sent some cruise missiles to a location in Afghanistan where bin Laden was rumored to be. Beyond that he let it go. Bush bears some responsibility too as well as the intelligence agencies that didn't cooperate.

bbsam

Staff member
My guys are asking why peak seems easier this year. I have to remind them we have 25% more routes this year because of Covid so their areas are that much smaller.
Exactly. Once people get over the shock of the numbers they’re seeing and just get into P/D mode, it’s really not bad at all.
I had a couple days last week of 800 stops over Daily Stop Threshold. My guys are loving the bonus money.

It will be fine

Exactly. Once people get over the shock of the numbers they’re seeing and just get into P/D mode, it’s really not bad at all.
I had a couple days last week of 800 stops over Daily Stop Threshold. My guys are loving the bonus money.
I had a guy hit 56 stops per hour his first 3 hours one day last week. He said he wasn’t even trying that hard it was just that compact.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a guy hit 56 stops per hour his first 3 hours one day last week. He said he wasn’t even trying that hard it was just that compact.
NO way--- he's a lying ass bitch. That is pushing a stop a minute. Impossible to do for 3 hours straight. Unless he was driving down the street throwing packages without stopping like a paperboy----and not paying attention to addresses.

It will be fine

NO way--- he's a lying ass bitch. That is pushing a stop a minute. Impossible to do for 3 hours straight. Unless he was driving down the street throwing packages without stopping like a paperboy----and not paying attention to addresses.
29501944-2D12-4CA9-899D-1254AC92047A.jpeg

This was a grouping of stops today. He has an entire neighborhood like this on a grid. He’s well organized and can easily walk off 3-4 stops from one parking spot. We have tons of smalls with all the smartpost volume.

bbsam

Staff member
I don’t know. Had a guy last Wednesday morning ask I there was help. Told him I wasn’t sure.

Eight hours later he was leaving the building. I apologized for not getting help to him. He shrugged and explained that the first couple hours he was knocking off 45 an hour and realized he wouldn’t be needing help.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don’t know. Had a guy last Wednesday morning ask I there was help. Told him I wasn’t sure.

Eight hours later he was leaving the building. I apologized for not getting help to him. He shrugged and explained that the first couple hours he was knocking off 45 an hour and realized he wouldn’t be needing help.
Are these drivers in a high rise with a package for every apartment? I knew my residential stops blindfolded and the best I recall ever doing was maybe at the MOST 30-35 an hour --BY MYSELF. That was after taking 15 minutes or so to set them up stop for stop on the closest shelf.

It will be fine

Are these drivers in a high rise with a package for every apartment? I knew my residential stops blindfolded and the best I recall ever doing was maybe at the MOST 30-35 an hour --BY MYSELF. That was after taking 15 minutes or so to set them up stop for stop on the closest shelf.
These guys aren’t slacker teamsters.

bbsam

Staff member
The one thread that seems to be common with these drivers is that they are incredibly organized. Once the truck is set in the morning, it’s go time. Very little wasted time and effort.

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 320667
This was a grouping of stops today. He has an entire neighborhood like this on a grid. He’s well organized and can easily walk off 3-4 stops from one parking spot. We have tons of smalls with all the smartpost volume.
Apparently your trucks are loaded stop for stop and you have nothing but small package? We never had that luxury. If I had 50 stops on a residential area it was all just thrown on a shelf in no particular order or in a pile on the floor. It was up to me to sort through the mess and make some kind of order out of it.

rod

Retired 22 years
View attachment 320667
What am I looking at here? Are numbers 7-6-8-9 the delivery stops or is that Pac Man looking diagram suppose to be stops?

It will be fine

What am I looking at here? Are numbers 7-6-8-9 the delivery stops or is that Pac Man looking diagram suppose to be stops?
Each dot is a stop, the yellow line his driving path down the street. It’s built on google maps so you can see the actual houses. He probably walked all 4 of those from one parking spot. I’m running large package routes that take most big stuff off the regular vans. My van routes normally have 250ish pieces and a clear aisle to walk down all day.

bacha29

I once did 19 stops in 24 minutes in one building in Seattle. I was running windsprints. No way anyone is doing 56 an hour for three hours.
I concur. After 3 hours he was probably in the ER with a pulse and heart rate off the charts a temperature of 106 and a BP of 240/190. But then again they're on piece so they have to work this hard. But they won't last long but then again he has a huge population base to draw from . That's what he has going for him .