PEAK?

bbsam

Staff member
So any massive failures around? Things were smooth sailing in my neck of the woods and I haven't heard of any big issues anywhere.
Guys around here are not happy. Sure things went smoothly but that's because we were all fed BS projections. One minor management lackey actually was laughing at a couple contractors saying he'd start bringing tissues around with his daily safety messages.

What kind of d-bag does that?! The kind that has no frickin' idea how and how much it costs to staff for peak and how much contractors lose when those projections are so pathetically off.

Star B

White Lightening
We're rolling freight like crazy also... but I wasn't told to ignore the plan.... if they would have communicated that, I'm sure I wouldn't have brought nearly as much back.

Purplepackage

We're rolling freight like crazy also... but I wasn't told to ignore the plan.... if they would have communicated that, I'm sure I wouldn't have brought nearly as much back.

It's far to heavy to run cycles. When you aren't leaving the building til 11 there isn't much you can do

DeliveryException

Sort went down at 1030 so zero would be on time anyway. We were in " Survival Mode", which just means straight line. We haven't had to roll any freight yet though. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Guys around here are not happy. Sure things went smoothly but that's because we were all fed BS projections. One minor management lackey actually was laughing at a couple contractors saying he'd start bringing tissues around with his daily safety messages.

What kind of d-bag does that?! The kind that has no frickin' idea how and how much it costs to staff for peak and how much contractors lose when those projections are so pathetically off.
Those "projections" (wild guesses at best) are off every year. Don't bother to even pay attention to those :censored2:bags next peak. Just do what feels right because most if not all people at the corporate office are as clueless as they make 'em.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You're starting to sound like me. You have progressed far, Grasshopper, and have learned the treacherous ways of those from Pittsburgh and Memphis. Ancient saying applies. "It makes no difference if the flies circling the pile of feces are green flies, orange flies, or purple flies. They are still flies, and the :censored2: is still :censored2:".

As long as there is a steaming pile of feces, Fred will be able to make money from it by selling you a chunk from the pile.

I am proud of you.

Last edited:

It will be fine

Those "projections" (wild guesses at best) are off every year. Don't bother to even pay attention to those :censored2:bags next peak. Just do what feels right because most if not all people at the corporate office are as clueless as they make 'em.
A post from you I agree with! I planned on a slight increase from what I had last peak. It wasn't even that except for a few days like yesterday when we were slammed. The projections go through so many people they can't be reliable. The shippers guess how many orders they'll get and over estimate to fedex to make sure they are covered for their projected worst case. Fedex over estimates to make sure contractors hire enough resources to handle more than what shippers are projecting so fedex doesn't get bad PR. Take your area and plan for 10-15% over last year and see how it goes.
As for a manager making light of a contractor losing money for over hiring, that person is despicable and should be treated accordingly the rest of the year. No favors for that jerk.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

If express is struggling that much, why dont they slap ground barcodes and divert them to ground or hd?

I have a few meds that are expressed to the medical office, then magically gets HD but as regular barcodes to deliver them to the residential stop

I'm averaging a clock out time of 2200, so I'm not breaking my back this year. My start time will be 0930, on the road by about 1130

Bounty

Ha hahaha

Swngdrvr

I'm still out from my surgery, but a coworker text me earlier and said management gave up today. Half the couriers left before the sort went down, and he said it looks like a bomb exploded in the station, packages everywhere. They are also trying to save hours so people can work all day long tomorrow.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sort went down yesterday at 1220, and I had 230 stops. Long day.

Most RTDs are working 14 hours. I work 6 and go home, whether they like it or not because I'm PT and have another real job. It's a sweet feeling to see a CTV full of 5 positions of P1 just sit there because there is nobody to drive it. I wish more part-timers would have the gonads to stand on policy, because after Peak, they'll be asked to go home early every day.

Eff you, Smith.