PEAK?

SmithBarney

I doubt you would work more than 8 hours tomorrow regardless.

I'm only taking Saturday's I won't touch anything else
Everything that's resi, goes out tomorrow, and some businesses too.
They want the network clean, so that tuesday can get cleaned up from all the businesses that were closed today.

!Retired!

We're rolling freight like crazy also... but I wasn't told to ignore the plan.... if they would have communicated that, I'm sure I wouldn't have brought nearly as much back.
Our SM told us some stations are rolling as much freight as we got in yesterday.
U got Saturday off?
I should stay home. My name wasn't on the schedule.
It's almost over. Only can work maybe 8 hrs tomorrow. I plan on coming home and drinking a few Budweisers and not moving for 2 days
My wife is working Sunday, so I put in to work. The counter will be open 0900-1300.
I doubt you would work more than 8 hours tomorrow regardless.

I'm only taking Saturday's I won't touch anything else
I wouldn't mind taking some Tuesdays. It'll make Tuesday a nice easy day. Saturday = OT, Tuesday = minimum pay.

dezguy

Hope everyone enjoys their Christmas. I'll be off for the next 4 days; no Saturday for this guy.

People that are out there, be safe. No need to bust your ass for a present someone ordered last minute and hopefully people are generous and you see a few tips.

Slick silver

Just got done today, 67 hours total for the week. Hope everybody has a good Christmas, I am heading home to crack open my 12 pack of beer

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
PEAK is officially over- good day

As usual, Peak has been smooth for some stations, and very bad for others. I'm aware of a few where there are thousands of packages on the floor, and some where it's pretty well cleaned-up.

Lots of "delighted" customers who won't get their Xmas gifts.

It will be fine

How about you? Did you get screwed over like bbsam, as in overstaffing for package count that wasn't there?
I recently got a new crappy contract. My regular weekly compensation went down significantly. Even if I'd wanted to hire extra help I couldn't have afforded it in Oct and Nov to train them. I figured I might fail here and there, but it turned out pretty well. My guys were pretty busy and my swings could handle all the overflow so I made good money.

bbsam

Staff member
How about you? Did you get screwed over like bbsam, as in overstaffing for package count that wasn't there?
I actually ended up ok because I had driver turnover in early September and had to bring people in.

The HD guys are the ones who got screwed with bad projections. I got screwed by the Fedex micro-managing my company by disqualifying a driver who FedEx claims is not a "joint-employee".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I actually ended up ok because I had driver turnover in early September and had to bring people in.

The HD guys are the ones who got screwed with bad projections. I got screwed by the Fedex micro-managing my company by disqualifying a driver who FedEx claims is not a "joint-employee".

I think Ground/HD is figuring out the way Fred S works. It's interesting how much control they have over "your" company.