PEAK?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I actually ended up ok because I had driver turnover in early September and had to bring people in.

The HD guys are the ones who got screwed with bad projections. I got screwed by the Fedex micro-managing my company by disqualifying a driver who FedEx claims is not a "joint-employee".
Just think, if you were running your own business, that wouldn't have happened. :oops:

bbsam

Staff member
I think Ground/HD is figuring out the way Fred S works. It's interesting how much control they have over "your" company.
Nothing has changed. For the model to be significantly changed, the law has to change. I don't see that happening any time soon, do you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nothing has changed. For the model to be significantly changed, the law has to change. I don't see that happening any time soon, do you?

Nope. Team Trump will be protecting all that is good for Big Business and nothing good for the average person/worker

No1b4Me

Just got home with my twelver. Not sure how many I'm gonna drink. On paper this is supposed to last me 3 days. Xmas might get in the way of me knocking them all back tonight.
On my 5th bud light and 3rd shot of cracked corn moonshine aged in jack dainels smoker chips. Aged 3 years to this day.

bbsam

Staff member
Again, if it really was your own business.
You don't get it. By the legal definition it is my business and they can legally make those decisions. Doesn't sound right to me either, but that's business law at work.

Now if Bounty were the one who got to make up the law, I'm sure things would be different.

So, tell me Bounty, when will you be changing the law?

Star B

White Lightening
So, other than management not being able to manage a peak...... we did alright. The most important part of this whole season is that all the employees that started peak ended peak today. In other words, nobody got hurt.

Bounty

You don't get it. By the legal definition it is my business and they can legally make those decisions. Doesn't sound right to me either, but that's business law at work.

Now if Bounty were the one who got to make up the law, I'm sure things would be different.

So, tell me Bounty, when will you be changing the law?
In my state, some of the contractors have met with the attorney general and I'm sure we will soon see how legal things are. Bet your last dollar on class action lawsuits coming to a state near you.

No1b4Me

Suckas our air hub day shift was done at 11:45 am for day shift. On Friday. Gotta love the pilots. We get paid monday and tuesday paid. That is if you show up that thursday and wensday after..

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Guys around here are not happy. Sure things went smoothly but that's because we were all fed BS projections. One minor management lackey actually was laughing at a couple contractors saying he'd start bringing tissues around with his daily safety messages.

What kind of d-bag does that?! The kind that has no frickin' idea how and how much it costs to staff for peak and how much contractors lose when those projections are so pathetically off.

I figured you knew you were just a means to an end.