Pedestrian Fatality

ups1990

We had a PCM on this Monday morning. Prayers to all involved. Life changing for both families.

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2009/dec/05/camarillo-woman-dies-when-hit-by-truck/
This is a sad and tragic story. I've witnessed a person get hit by a car and still from time to time think about it. My thoughts and prayers go out to both parties involved.

The forum board on the above link given, they're really tearing into UPS for letting drivers work so late. The public see's us delivering late, really late some guys past 9pm.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS and the UPS driver are really taking a beating in the comments section of that artical

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Guys, this is a nightmare that I would not wish on anyone. To be working at or after dark, and have a pedestrian that I didn't see get hit. It could happen to anyone.

A few weeks ago I was in GA on a road that I was not familiar with. 3:30 AM in my spray truck, dark as heck, with a drizzle.

All of a sudden, within 5 feet of the front of the truck, I noticed a bicycle with a small rider just about to be hit by my truck. I was only going 30-35, and he appeared out of nowhere. Lucky for me he turned onto a driveway, because I had no chance to react. By the time I got stopped, he was long gone. What the heck was a kid out on a bike at AM Sunday morning?

But by the grace of God, I would have killed him.

So as its getting dark, and after dark, make sure they see you, and try to see them. Look as many times as you have to to make sure.

d