Pension Changes

O/C

This is what was told to me by my union rep who heard it from a feeder driver. I know right?

I should watch out in mid October as UPS was talking about raising the retirement age from the 57.5, which I thought was a Union issue.

Just wondered if you had heard anything?
What is the age they want to raise it to?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Re-Raise

This is what was told to me by my union rep who heard it from a feeder driver. I know right?

I should watch out in mid October as UPS was talking about raising the retirement age from the 57.5, which I thought was a Union issue.

UUgghh UPS doesn't decide how long you have to work to get a pension.

The union keeps track of your pension credits and decides how much you get each month based on those years.

UPSGUY72

UPS has nothing to due with the pension plan other than paying into it. They don't set the years of service level you can retire at an the don't determine amount you get at each the pension Trustees due that.

O/C

UPS has nothing to due with the pension plan other than paying into it. They don't set the years of service level you can retire at an the don't determine amount you get at each the pension Trustees due that.
Generally the pension trustee boards are half union and half company. They have more control over your pension benefits than you think, also consider their ability to adjust your health and welfare costs. I sense that the state of mind with the union leadership is to keep the old timers active as long as permitted.

Sent using BrownCafe App