Pension Cuts Blocked

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Makes sense to me.
When the Central State runs out of money , then the Federal Guarantee Fund takes over and when that runs out of money , who do you thing Congress will be telling to fund it ?
Why every single working person left .
Congress will never accept any blame for this mess .

rod

Retired 22 years
It needs to run out of money, so people learn what happens when you spend more money than you take in. It's simple economics. Vote for Bernie so you can have free college, healthcare, housing, Obama phone, food stamps, hell why bother to go do work. The Liberals in this country are so out of control, this country needs to go totally bankrupt, back to the Stone Age , and start all over.

Why is it always the working guy who needs to take a cut? No one ever suggests that welfare, food stamps, fuel assistance, free health care, etc., etc. take a cut. There is always money for those who have never contributed a dimes worth of work to society. The trouble with your plan is we would no longer be a free country if we went bankrupt. China, North Korea, Russia or some other skumbag country would take us over in a heartbeat because I doubt if 10% of our young population would fight back. The most they could do would be throw their smart phones at the enemy---I take that back---they would never toss their phones.

McGee

Gee,what ever happened to all that TARP money ( since half of it was only used), couldn't they just use that?, I mean we already are paying for phones for Deadbeats, why not?

rod

Retired 22 years
Gee,what ever happened to all that TARP money ( since half of it was only used), couldn't they just use that?, I mean we already are paying for phones for everyone, why not?

Not paying for phones for everyone-----just the deadbeats.

Foamer Pyle

The mentality In this country has to change. Everyone has their hands out for a hand out, especially the younger generation. The Liberals are making promises that their bank account cannot cash the checks. Multi funded pension does not work with one Company trying to keep it afloat for a bunch of dead beat companies. The tax payers are not going to pick up the tab for Central States. Time to trim the fat, before this thing tanks.

542thruNthru

You know what I say we keep blaming the young people! I get so sick of that.

Im sure rod is right the young people would never defend this country. You can tell that right off the bat because the armed services are empty at the moment. (Sarcasm)

I need a drink... :people_crybaby:

Bottom rung

You know what I say we keep blaming the young people! I get so sick of that.

Im sure rod is right the young people would never defend this country. You can tell that right off the bat because the armed services are empty at the moment. (Sarcasm)

I need a drink... :people_crybaby:
We're all lazy pieces of :censored2:, just listen to what everyone says... we don't work, we don’t care about our country, play with our phones. We work harder now than any of these guys did in their day. I'd take a thirty year old truck with half the stop count any day.
Remember that we're the ones voting in the contract when ups pulls out the clause where they cover shortfalls...

Future

Victory Ride
Why is it always the working guy who needs to take a cut? No one ever suggests that welfare, food stamps, fuel assistance, free health care, etc., etc. take a cut. There is always money for those who have never contributed a dimes worth of work to society. The trouble with your plan is we would no longer be a free country if we went bankrupt. China, North Korea, Russia or some other skumbag country would take us over in a heartbeat because I doubt if 10% of our young population would fight back. The most they could do would be throw their smart phones at the enemy---I take that back---they would never toss their phones.
ROck on Rob....!!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We're all lazy pieces of :censored2:, just listen to what everyone says... we don't work, we don’t care about our country, play with our phones. We work harder now than any of these guys did in their day. I'd take a thirty year old truck with half the stop count any day.
Remember that we're the ones voting in the contract when ups pulls out the clause where they cover shortfalls...
I'd love to see you drive an old high step non power steering POS 800 for about 10 years then come back and tell me what a badass you are

35years

Gravy route
Drove one for a few years. I'd take that and the stop count that came with over a new car and 200 stops.
But you see, no one has a problem with the high step until they have to use it for DECADES! I have been around long enough, and your claim that "We work harder now than any of these guys did in their day." is just plain ignorance.

Try a high step, manual steering, ice cold padlock and key at every stop, a heater that puts out 1/3 the heat of the current models, heavy steel two wheelers, shall I go on? The job was, and still is, hard on your body. The difference is most of the new guys expect to be pampered.

542thruNthru

But you see, no one has a problem with the high step until they have to use it for DECADES! I have been around long enough, and your claim that "We work harder now than any of these guys did in their day." is just plain ignorance.

Try a high step, manual steering, ice cold padlock and key at every stop, a heater that puts out 1/3 the heat of the current models, heavy steel two wheelers, shall I go on? The job was, and still is, hard on your body. The difference is most of the new guys expect to be pampered.

I agree with you except the new guys expect to be pampered. I especially disagree with it when half the driver's on here complain about new guys burning up routes and not taking lunches and breaks. How is that expecting to be pampered?

I don't believe the younger generation has it harder than the older generation of UPS drivers. To be honest it's give and take. I've read many times on here how the company was much better to work for. Now it's a war zone with more technology. Anyways this isn't a thread about young vs old. Sorry I steered it toward that. :)

Last edited: