Pension for all hours worked or A/C?

Pension air conditioning

• Pension Contribution for All Hours Worked

• Air Conditioning

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thebrownblob

You are a wise man.
Air conditionIng cost them next to nothing and I don’t get to take it with me when I leave, it Stays with UPS forever. Money put towards my pension that could allow me to leave earlier it would mean my quality of life would go up exponentially, and I would be retired sooner and would actually be something meaningful and life-changing.

Staydryitsraining

Air conditionIng cost them next to nothing and I don’t get to take it with me when I leave, it Stays with UPS forever. Money put towards my pension that could allow me to leave earlier it would mean my quality of life would go up exponentially, and I would be retired sooner and would actually be something meaningful and life-changing.
Why are you working hundreds of hours over every year? If the answer is yes maybe working less every year would improve your quality of life right now.

Thebrownblob

Why are you working hundreds of hours over every year? If the answer is yes maybe working less every year would improve your quality of life right now.
My quality of life is great right now I’m talking about being able to leave sooner. It doesn’t matter how many hours I work I can’t retire and get my full pension because of certain rules.
We all work towards being able to not go to work anymore. Thankfully, with the extra money I make now I do put it in my investments, but that pension money can only be released after certain qualifications are met. Adding more hours to that would certainly be a very nice thing in a much more meaningful things and air conditioning that I don’t care about. It’s a shiny object meant to distract people from what they could’ve had.
It would also probably kill two birds with one stone, because the company would be less likely to “force” overtime if it added more to your pension.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My quality of life is great right now I’m talking about being able to leave sooner. It doesn’t matter how many hours I work I can’t retire and get my full pension because of certain rules.
We all work towards being able to not go to work anymore. Thankfully, with the extra money I make now I do put it in my investments, but that pension money can only be released after certain qualifications are met. Adding more hours to that would certainly be a very nice thing in a much more meaningful things and air conditioning that I don’t care about. It’s a shiny object meant to distract people from what they could’ve had.
It would also probably kill two birds with one stone, because the company would be less likely to “force” overtime if it added more to your pension.

I hope everybody knows that any monetary pension contributions are based on only a 40 hour week (full time) and a 20 hour week (part time)...Overtime does not count..I believe if the Union asked for extra pension contributions on all Overtime the Company might force a Strike.

It is one of the primary reasons why our members are forced to work a 50 or 65 hour/6 day work schedule instead of them creating new full time or part time members, it saves a ton of money on their pension and (Health and Welfare) contract obligations in certain areas.

What are the odds of a new hire, full time or part time ever attaining the mandatory requirements for a full decent retirement benefit?...Attrition will take most of them, even if they decide to make this a career.

Over70irregs

I hope everybody knows that any monetary pension contributions are based on only a 40 hour week (full time) and a 20 hour week (part time)...Overtime does not count..I believe if the Union asked for extra pension contributions on all Overtime the Company might force a Strike.

It is one of the primary reasons why our members are forced to work a 50 or 65 hour/6 day work schedule instead of them creating new full time or part time members, it saves a ton of money on their pension and (Health and Welfare) contract obligations in certain areas.

What are the odds of a new hire, full time or part time ever attaining the mandatory requirements for a full decent retirement benefit?...Attrition will take most of them, even if they decide to make this a career.
Ok then have the extra hours past the max yearly pension hours go into a partial accrual. Similar to a “poison pill” good faith reduce 9.5 hours gesture.

DOK

You don't have retiree healthcare?
I mean yes I got to pay $200 for me and 200 for my wife.
But there's no way I can get that kind of price on the open market
No, we have nothing. Have to find something on the open market. Story for another thread but I wonder how other locals are able to provide affordable healthcare for their retirees, I would like to know where the funding comes from to do so so I can present it to our local.

Thebrownblob

No, we have nothing. Have to find something on the open market. Story for another thread but I wonder how other locals are able to provide affordable healthcare for their retirees, I would like to know where the funding comes from to do so so I can present it to our local.
We have teamcare

That sucks
No way what I want to work here till I'm 65