Pension in new contract????

disneyworld

Is it 25 and out at any age? If I decided to leave at 46/47 does that mean I can collect it right away or is there some fine print to this clause such as something about the age of 57 as it is now, not sure though. Are there rules about getting another job while collecting a pension? I believe you can as long as it isn't a union job, correct ??? Decisions Decisions

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You can work anywhere you want and still draw your pension, those job restrictions are gone. The only restriction is you can't work for any other company that UPS owns.

Hangingon

We were told you could actually come back as a PT for UPS after 5 years. I can't imagine why any one would, but this what one of our recently retired FT'ers were told when they asked about coming back for peak.

30andout

We were told you could actually come back as a PT for UPS after 5 years. I can't imagine why any one would, but this what one of our recently retired FT'ers were told when they asked about coming back for peak.
Why would anyone want to come back and work peak???? Peak is part of the reason why I would like to get out. Been at UPS 35 years and would like to enjoy Christmas for a change.

30andout

Is it 25 and out at any age? If I decided to leave at 46/47 does that mean I can collect it right away or is there some fine print to this clause such as something about the age of 57 as it is now, not sure though. Are there rules about getting another job while collecting a pension? I believe you can as long as it isn't a union job, correct ??? Decisions Decisions
25 and out at any age, but you can't buy insurance till your 55 is what I have read.