Pension info from the 90s

McFeely

Huge Member
...the normal process would require a benefit plan that in the end would reward them for decades of dedicated service in your behalf.

I'm sure you know that Express doesn't offer this either. Actually, there's not much out there in the public sector that offers what you're suggesting. The days of decades-long loyalty to a company have been gone a long time, but go ahead and rag on a successful Gound contractor who seems to be doing just fine with staffing and making money.

bacha29

I'm sure you know that Express doesn't offer this either. Actually, there's not much out there in the public sector that offers what you're suggesting. The days of decades-long loyalty to a company have been gone a long time, but go ahead and rag on a successful Gound contractor who seems to be doing just fine with staffing and making money.
Whether you're in management or a grunt of the street as long as you're representing the interests of the same employer then why is one segment or job classification of the company deserving of an employer sponsored benefit plan while another isn't despite both being charged with the task of representing the interests of the same employer?

It will be fine

Whether you're in management or a grunt of the street as long as you're representing the interests of the same employer then why is one segment or job classification of the company deserving of an employer sponsored benefit plan while another isn't despite both being charged with the task of representing the interests of the same employer?
You think a part timer should get an equal compensation package as the CEO? That’s not how anything works.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So in other words if you're offering nothing to your own employees in the way of an employer funded benefit plan you shouldn't be ridiculing the plan of those who do provide it.

If that's how you look at it, you have no business complaining about FedEx. They are a better delivery company than bacha, Inc. and made more money and hired more people and paid more people and have a much better benefit plan.

You should think these things through. Or think them at least halfway.

bacha29

If that's how you look at it, you have no business complaining about FedEx. They are a better delivery company than bacha, Inc. and made more money and hired more people and paid more people and have a much better benefit plan.

You should think these things through. Or think them at least halfway.
Comes right back to the original issue. Express has a benefit plan IWBF Inc. doesn't but both Express employees and employees of IWBF Inc. serve the same master. Yet IWBF ridicules and dismisses the Express plan while offering nothing of the sort to his own employees. All have to do is to look at his previous post and my response to it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Comes right back to the original issue. Express has a benefit plan IWBF Inc. doesn't but both Express employees and employees of IWBF Inc. serve the same master.

Irrelevant.

Yet IWBF ridicules and dismisses the Express plan while offering nothing of the sort to his own employees. All have to do is to look at his previous post and my response to it.

I make fun of restaurants that sell bad food, yet I don't sell ANY food. I should be ashamed of myself.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My employees don’t care about retirement funds. The majority don’t even have IRAs. A bunch of clowns that have never operated a business acting like not offering a 401k is some type of moral failing doesn’t bother me.

When you’re making just north of minimum wage I’am going to guess that an ira isn’t that high on your priority list

more worried about rent, food, and such

It will be fine

When you’re making just north of minimum wage I’am going to guess that an ira isn’t that high on your priority list

more worried about rent, food, and such
Not even close to minimum wage. If retirement is such a priority I wonder why they take a job without a pension?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Comes right back to the original issue. Express has a benefit plan IWBF Inc. doesn't but both Express employees and employees of IWBF Inc. serve the same master. Yet IWBF ridicules and dismisses the Express plan while offering nothing of the sort to his own employees. All have to do is to look at his previous post and my response to it.
it seems like the "employees" are making the poor, or at least desperate life choice, not iwbf. When people stop slumming for :censored2:ty work at :censored2:ty companies and compensation, markets will change. Not anytime soon

bacha29

So why as an employer would I offer a benefit that wouldn’t impact my recruiting or retention?
Employer. businessman. manager......Hahahaha!. Let's just cut to the chase when it comes to what you really are.

In exchange for supplying X with trucking and labor at rates X would be too ashamed to pay their own people , you are granted the right to service their boxes that fall within a certain geographical area under X's DOT number, policies, disciplines, rules and standards.

Now whatever values and equity fulfilling those tasks might garner for you X locks it up and does not unlock it unless it's through a transaction involving another party and only if the terms of that transaction are to the satisfaction of Fedex and places Fedex's interests first and foremost. If it fails to do so then the transaction is denied no matter how badly the third party is overpaying for the contract. It doesn't happen unless Fedex says it can happen.

Furthermore , Fedex has blocked all channels of litigation denying you the opportunity to bring potentially costly for fedex litigation to bear on the matter. All part of the total domination that Fedex has over you and the terms you operate under. It's locked down, sewed up, their way or the highway

So just what are you in reality?.........You are simply an administrator of a supply chain, nothing more. A supply chain that can be cut off at any time with no prior notice and for any reason or no reason at all. And never for more than one year at a time.

Now you'll no doubt finds these comments......."funny" or "creative" because it's the only response you have here. But, when you sweep away the "owning your own business" fantasy and grind off the delusional "independent contractor" slag then what becomes quite clear is the climate of absolute servitude your daily experience with Fedex represents.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Employer. businessman. manager......Hahahaha!. Let's just cut to the chase when it comes to what you really are.

In exchange for supplying X with trucking and labor at rates X would be too ashamed to pay their own people , you are granted the right to service their boxes that fall within a certain geographical area under X's DOT number, policies, disciplines, rules and standards.

Now whatever values and equity fulfilling those tasks might garner for you X locks it up and does not unlock it unless it's through a transaction involving another party and only if the terms of that transaction are to the satisfaction of Fedex and places Fedex's interests first and foremost. If it fails to do so then the transaction is denied no matter how badly the third party is overpaying for the contract. It doesn't happen unless Fedex says it can happen.

Furthermore , Fedex has blocked all channels of litigation denying you the opportunity to bring potentially costly for fedex litigation to bear on the matter. All part of the total domination that Fedex has over you and the terms you operate under. It's locked down, sewed up, their way or the highway

So just what are you in reality?.........You are simply an administrator of a supply chain, nothing more. A supply chain that can be cut off at any time with no prior notice and for any reason or no reason at all. And never for more than one year at a time.

Now you'll no doubt finds these comments......."funny" or "creative" because it's the only response you have here. But, when you sweep away the "owning your own business" fantasy and grind off the delusional "independent contractor" slag then what becomes quite clear is the climate of absolute servitude your daily experience with Fedex represents.
Now I’m not sure if IWBF or BACHA should slash their wrists.

Gloom, despair, and agony!!!!!

It will be fine

173CF5B2-41FF-448B-B8E4-F809141953D2.gif