Pension security

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
$6200 a month is ridiculous. I can see why pensions are failing if they are shelling that out.

Good luck and enjoy that amount while you can. How much do you get if you retire now? I mean I don't need $6,200 a month. I'd retire and take $5k and not think twice about it if I could.
Mine is 3354 a month before taxes and insurance. I clear 2395 a month. Thankfully the wife still works.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
$6200 a month is ridiculous. I can see why pensions are failing if they are shelling that out.

Good luck and enjoy that amount while you can. How much do you get if you retire now? I mean I don't need $6,200 a month. I'd retire and take $5k and not think twice about it if I could.
With the my pension and SS coming and the wife's SS (she never worked) $5,811.00 month.
It was tight more than once in the years between retiring and SS but well worth it because .... no UPS.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
BrownFlush and Rod are just a couple of young whippersnappers. I retired with 30 years to the day at 49 years old. And as BrownFlush said "No UPS". Life is good.
Lucky dog....I feel cheated out of 3 years now..lol

I remember chuckling at those bumper stickers about spending the kids inheritance. That really does begin for us now.
Bought the RV. Gonna take the Social Security Tour of the country while our new house is being built at the beach.
Praying for good health for some quality years to enjoy.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Lucky dog....I feel cheated out of 3 years now..lol

I remember chuckling at those bumper stickers about spending the kids inheritance. That really does begin for us now.
Bought the RV. Gonna take the Social Security Tour of the country while our new house is being built at the beach.
Praying for good health for some quality years to enjoy.

Your chances of good health are increased greatly when you retire early. I've enjoyed close to 18 years of great health (knock on wood).

542thruNthru

That’s right I was adding the 7 to 39 was how he first said it.

That is the one major downfall to starting young. If things stay how they are. I’ll have 35 years driving before I can retire with my insurance.

Opposite for me. We have peer 80. I could retire at 49 if I really wanted to. I think I'll go till 52 max, at least that's the plan.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
$6200 if he waits another 7 years. Still work 2 more and retire with $5k and you should be able to live just fine.

Makes no sense to me.
Our pensions aren't indexed to inflation, in 15 years that 5k will only be worth about 3.5k in today's dollars (assuming 2.5% annual inflation). Something to think about.