people quittting

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Here the Ground drivers are stretched so thin they'll deliver commercial stops in our industrial park long after the shipping/receiving crews have left. It's a normal thing for them to come to work the next day and find FDX Ground packages sitting on their docks that were signed for by the driver.
I see a ton of turnover at Ground,helpers keep quitting and owners keep selling, I've poached their 3 best workers and all three work for us now, at least they can now run for a reason...

P

pickup

UPS pays pension contributions on every employee as soon as they become eligible. The Union gets to keep all of that money in the pension fund paid on behalf of any employee who leaves before becoming vested.

Like I implied in my previous post, I am not 100 percent sure my contrarian view relative to yours is correct. I have heard my point of view from many long timers but I have never seen it in print. I tried looking at Article 34 to get a better handle on this issue but I see nothing relevant.

On what do you base your opinion?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
They're doing a great job at keeping the turnover high which I'm sure is what they want. Since I started driving I've seen so many new ones come and go that I'm consistently near the bottom. With the wonderful four year progression we got last contract It's probably gonna take me seven years to see top rate.

But, the joke's gonna be on them because I plan on sticking around. In fifteen or twenty years when I'm probably one of the only top rate drivers at the center and the only one who won't run and gun, boy are they gonna hate me.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The big topic of discussion lately has been reducing turnover. I'm not sure why so many seem to think we want to increase it. New hire turnover cost my district almost a million last quarter. They want less turnover, not more.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
As of the first of the year I will be the #1 seniority package car driver in my center.

Has it really been almost 27 years?
tumblr_mhs4geXjm61qzcxrno1_400.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The big topic of discussion lately has been reducing turnover. I'm not sure why so many seem to think we want to increase it. New hire turnover cost my district almost a million last quarter. They want less turnover, not more.
The contract is merely a minimum they must pay employees.

Tough Guy

My building has an old Feeder driver that bid into a Porter job a few years ago over 70. A few more old package car drivers fast approaching 65 who bid into Porters and Car Wash. $33/hr to watch the clock until either break or lunch or time to go home.
There isn't a reduced pay rate for taking an inside job?

RealPerson

I am curious to what the "COST" is.
UPS doesn't do drug tests.
UPS doesn't do background checks.
They advertise a little, have a group of people walk the building.
those who come back get hired.
HR person gets paid the same....
Don't tell me the "paper work" or they should cut back on warning letters, lol.