pet peeves

OK, we have a new shipper that REALLY peeves me. I hate to dis a shipper so I won't name them, BUT the contents of their packages are DIAPERS.

Geez, I never knew unused diapers could STINK SO BAD. I can walk by my car with 400 pieces on it, and be able to SMELL even one box of diapers. They smell up your whole car, it's all you can do just to breathe in the back. I can smell them up front with the door closed!

How lazy do you have to be to ORDER DIAPERS??? Can't you just pick them up when you go food shopping, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE???
And I hate being DIAPER MAN delivering them, they are in regular marked diaper boxes - so everyone knows.

And NO, this rant did NOT make me feel better!

Stay at home moms have it really hard I'm on vacation this week and I'll bet you by Friday I'll be itching to go back to the package factory. Any help they get is a plus and I think they get a deal on the diapers that's why they do it. The people who order there dog food are the ones who really piss me off that shi-* is heavy. I've got two dogs two cats and I buy there food at the store plus kitty litter.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbrownhen

Over, the ones who order the dog food always have those steep driveways and you end up luggin that stuff up hill. That's why they order it online, so they don't have to lug it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OK, we have a new shipper that REALLY peeves me. I hate to dis a shipper so I won't name them, BUT the contents of their packages are DIAPERS.

Geez, I never knew unused diapers could STINK SO BAD. I can walk by my car with 400 pieces on it, and be able to SMELL even one box of diapers. They smell up your whole car, it's all you can do just to breathe in the back. I can smell them up front with the door closed!

How lazy do you have to be to ORDER DIAPERS??? Can't you just pick them up when you go food shopping, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE???
And I hate being DIAPER MAN delivering them, they are in regular marked diaper boxes - so everyone knows.

Kids or adult diapers? What's worse is having to get a signature for them. BTDT.

over9five

Staff member
Over, the ones who order the dog food always have those steep driveways and you end up luggin that stuff up hill. That's why they order it online, so they don't have to lug it.

Hmmm, don't think I've delivered dogfood yet. But THEY can DRIVE UP their steep driveway! Lazy, lazy, lazy customers!!!!

Toshiro Hitsugaya

Would be the one of the FT Sups in the building, who think he knows it all, but cries about everything. If his outbound belts is off its the primary's fault, if there is a jam on the belt it is the primary's fault. On top of that, he comes into my office and sits there to hide out. And he wonders why his outbounds is doing so badly.

CustomerConcern

Time to chime in....

Hate the newest account of NXDA and SVRs that contain drugs and always are Sig. Req......damn those ppl are never home or finally get to the door once you've done the infonote and are walking back to truck.
Route drivers who do special favors for thier customers that make swing drivers (like me) look like AHs because we don't do it the way thier guy does.
Drivers who use the dash as an ashtray...I don't smoke and don't care if you do, but stop putting them out on the dash and leaving butts all over.
Customers who yell at you insisting you are speeding when in actualllity I am doing 10 under speed limit.
OMSs and Clerks who insist on making every ODS they send "response required".
Drivers who check off box A instead of box B on the infonote for SIg. Req., then the cust gets pissed when I don't leave the pkg.
Peak Season Drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

CC, as far as the route drivers doing special favors for their customers, that is called taking care of the customer and you will do the same when you do get your own area. We have all been cover drivers and have all had to deal with it. You would hate to cover my area if this bugs you.

CustomerConcern

CC, as far as the route drivers doing special favors for their customers, that is called taking care of the customer and you will do the same when you do get your own area. We have all been cover drivers and have all had to deal with it. You would hate to cover my area if this bugs you.

I mean the kind of favors that go against policy...
such as not getting signatures from businesses just DRing in receiving areas
bringing pkgs into homes
or one of my favs is taking Fed Ex pkgs from a drop point to an extended resi cust.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I mean the kind of favors that go against policy...
such as not getting signatures from businesses just DRing in receiving areas
bringing pkgs into homes
or one of my favs is taking Fed Ex pkgs from a drop point to an extended resi cust.

DRing a business is a big no-no that will quickly get you in trouble. I have no problem bringing pkgs in to homes, within reason. If the lady is 90 yrs old and she just ordered a Nordic trak than I will surely bring it in for her (and be back within a week to pick it up). I don't deliver competitor packages but I have on occasion taken them from customers and dropped them off at the MBE store, which is one of my last pickup stops.

CustomerConcern

DRing a business is a big no-no that will quickly get you in trouble. I have no problem bringing pkgs in to homes, within reason. If the lady is 90 yrs old and she just ordered a Nordic trak than I will surely bring it in for her (and be back within a week to pick it up). I don't deliver competitor packages but I have on occasion taken them from customers and dropped them off at the MBE store, which is one of my last pickup stops.

I totally agree with you on all those points. This particular driver I am talking about takes pkgs into the homes when custs are at work (I got a complaint called on me for not doing so). This driver has also given the FedEx guy the combo to our dropbox, then takes the pkg to this resi area that we go to everyday thats about 20 miles off the beaten path.

Of course I try to tell the driver the prob with this and mentioned it to Mgt, but because he is one of those speeding, no lunch eating, never stop for breaks guys.....well you know the how it goes.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Pet Peeve: Driver's that complain about stuff they deliver.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
poop.jpg

Random_Facts

Pet peeves
1. People who can't park, into a 20ft parking space. After 18minutes, you need to wear a sign...
2. People who can't use a turn signal.
3. Management saying wrap it up, we're done, and then having 40minutes worth of heavy boxes coming down. (It's like really!?!)