pet peeves

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My mailman pulls up to our house and blows the horn because he is too lazy to get out of the truck and walk thirty feet to put it by the front door. He doesn't give my wife enough time to come to the door, he just leaves a note in the mailbox for us to go to the post office and pick it up. We never do that, we just call the shipper and ask for the product to be reshipped by a different company.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I had this happen and this was my solution, which I don't recommend to everyone as it could backfire. I simply counted, out loud, each item as the cashier scanned it. When the cashier was done, I would repeat the total and then point to the sign above the register--"Express Line--14 items or less"--while making eye contact with the express lane violator.

The ones that I find most frustrating are those that have more than the limit but proceed to make several smaller transactions. For example, they have 20 items, but will have the cashier scan the first 6, pay for those, scan 7, etc. This willl usually prompt me to ask for the manager.
I can picture you doing this, LOL.

BBH, I agree with you about having the customer hold and scanning or asking them to let you set it inside and scan, due to the weight. Afterall, "service" is our last name ya know.

More, I hear about this all the time. It really depends on if the USPS person has a relationship with you. Try handing them a $20 and I bet you'll have them trimming your tree's in a heartbeat.:happy-very:

DenverBrownDotCom

For the guy that hates getting asked, "what's in it?", I always tell them hundred dollar bills. They always grab it quick, even though they know you're joking. My peeve is the guy that comes to the door after dark and says, "gee, you're working late". No sh-- Sherlock. It's every day.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I have a strange USPS person. His hair is down to the middle of his back in a ponytail,full beard and the strangest of all, he refuses to wear the USPS uniform. He always pulls up in his regular street clothes.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
People that smoke in front of restaurants/entrances to buildings (supermarkets?). I mean the ones that smoke right outside the doors, where you have to actually hold your breath as you walk by, and for several more seconds to let the smoke clear the air. I have seen signs that read, No smoking with 25' of entrance, though I guess most smokers can't read.:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
When I see people smoking outside I aim for the smoke cloud........inhale deeply. I miss it daily. Quit in Sept '08 after 48 years of smoking.

NHDRVR

When I see people smoking outside I aim for the smoke cloud........inhale deeply. I miss it daily. Quit in Sept '08 after 48 years of smoking.

The only person I know who has smoked longer and HASN'T quit is my father. He started at about 16 years old, he was born in 1939, and still smokes to this day. At one of his last physicals his doctor said his lungs are fine for his age. He, the DR., still wanted him to quit smoking but the way my day see's it, he is in his 70's, on his 4th (yes, 4th) wife, I am from his 2nd, did 2 years in Vietnam, and retired from GE after 30 years of b.s..... He feels that if he wants to smoke then why the hell not. And I agree with him....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Kind of the opposite of pet peeve....something I'd love to do.........Walk into a Staples store and go up and down the aisles shouting, "Wow, that's a great price!"

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
People that smoke in front of restaurants/entrances to buildings (supermarkets?). I mean the ones that smoke right outside the doors, where you have to actually hold your breath as you walk by, and for several more seconds to let the smoke clear the air. I have seen signs that read, No smoking with 25' of entrance, though I guess most smokers can't read.:wink2:

LOL Stephen. Are you referring to any one particular place?:wink2:

bigbrownhen

Delivering to Apartment complexes. I have 6 different ones on my route, and occasionally a few more depending on a split thrown my way. How hard is it to number apartments. I don't think any of them are sequenced the same, each one is a little different making it a pain to find the right one sometimes... but at least I get a little extra work out going up and down the stairs looking for the right one.