Phillies get schooled!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm wondering how much longer the Braves can hold off the Phillies.
The Phillies have picked up 1 1/2 games since the All-Star break (about half-way to the end of the season) and the Braves have been playing great and picking up offensive players.
Phillies are at the Braves to end the season ... could be a huge series.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The addition of Lee will only help the Braves. Heywood hit two yesterday and may be getting hot just in time for the playoffs.

It was sad to Lou Pinella retire the way he did yesterday. He deserved better.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Agreed but he wanted to be with his mother ... does not sound very good for her.
I hope the Cubs or Yankees and other clubs do something at a time that is better for him.
He has his priorities straight.

P

pickup

The addition of Lee will only help the Braves. Heywood hit two yesterday and may be getting hot just in time for the playoffs.

I am not so sure that he retired, let's say his mother passes away within a year and he gets the itch to manage again, I bet that there is a team that will like him as a manager.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The word retired is used so loosely in professional sports (Michael Jordan) that it is sometimes hard to believe that someone is done but I have to believe that Lou is done.

P

pickup

The word retired is used so loosely in professional sports (Michael Jordan) that it is sometimes hard to believe that someone is done but I have to believe that Lou is done.

I do realize that but it is a little different when it is a coach. Remember Bill Parcells and his retirements? Lou has been in baseball his entire life. At some point the situation with his mother is going to be resolved one way or the other and he will be back in baseball in some capacity, maybe in charge of player development or something like that, but that urge to manage will always be there.

Look at the situation with Mike Holgrem as the new g.m of the Cleveland browns, if I were Eric Mangini, I would be a little nervous about that guy getting the urge again.

To back up, at some point the decision is made for the players if they can't make it themselves , their bodies tell them or the lack of hiring opportunities tells them it is time to go.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Repeat Maybe?

[video=youtube;-5WsZ6JMzD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5WsZ6JMzD4&p=90000E1A7613B4EF&playnext=1&index=6[/video]

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Here we go 3 games against the Braves a big hurdle before we get to Red October. Hamels, Halladay,and Oswalt . Formidible ! Was in the left feild stands yesterday when Werth hit the bomb to walk off with the win against the Nats.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Here we go 3 games against the Braves a big hurdle before we get to Red October. Hamels, Halladay,and Oswalt . Formidible ! Was in the left feild stands yesterday when Werth hit the bomb to walk off with the win against the Nats.
If we get out of there with a win, I'll be happy.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
If we get out of there with a win, I'll be happy.
I knew you would reply. Three games worth watching I love September/October Baseball . Can't even think of football right now. Turn on sports talk in Philly it is 75% Eagles .Yada Yada Yada.
Hey do you listen to Johnathan Kinkaid ? He is a Philly guy. He used to have a spot on the WIP morning show as "Johnak the Magnificent"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Quaterback controversy brewing down here and an offensive line like a sieve . That is all the football I got. Go Phils !

The shuttling of Kolb and Vick just will not work. They are two very different quarterbacks and it is hard on their teammates to adjust every other play. They need to pick one and go with him for the season. Vick is gone after this year anyway--he can and will be a starter for another team. It is hard to keep his arm and legs out of the game--he just need to be a bit more patient and make better decisions.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I knew you would reply. Three games worth watching I love September/October Baseball . Can't even think of football right now. Turn on sports talk in Philly it is 75% Eagles .Yada Yada Yada.
Hey do you listen to Johnathan Kinkaid ? He is a Philly guy. He used to have a spot on the WIP morning show as "Johnak the Magnificent"

Did not get it in game 1.

I have heard of Kinkaid but not familiar with him. I think he may be on 680 AM here.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Buck and Kincade
20100414180156.buck_and_kincade.jpg
Weekdays 3p - 7p
Buck Belue and John Kincade, in your dash, talking trash on Atlanta's best Afternoon Drive and longest running sports show in the history of Atlanta, exclusively on 680 The Fan and 680thefan.com