Phones in back a package car

brownelf

Spending the winter in Florida this year, the pkg driver that delivers here looks like a homeless guy with a man bun and shaggy beard. Was on the chipping green today and looked up after hearing the familiar UPS truck rattle to watch him speed by steering with his knee with both hands typing away on his phone. I always left my phone in the back, it’s just another distraction as far as I’m concerned. One of my only discharges that stuck as a long-standing steward involved a driver that center punched a light pole in a parking lot and tried to lie his way out of it at panel. Didn’t work out to well for him.

watdaflock?

I'm on jury duty right now.

lol! You got picked for jury duty.
mqdefault.jpg

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
You knew all that before the trial? You understand the principal of innocent until... oh never mind.
I guess I was a bit jaded... we're in this industry of being guilty until proven innocent.

It carried over to the court room, LoL.

PS, I had to clip my FedEx cap to my waist after going thru the security checkpoint.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I guess I was a bit jaded... we're in this industry of being guilty until proven innocent.

It carried over to the court room, LoL.

PS, I had to clip my FedEx cap to my waist after going thru the security checkpoint.
Do you show up in your full fedex regalia?

OrioN

Just the pants and cap... not supposed to show any type of company logos and wearing a hat inside the building is a no no

Faceplanted

It sure pissed off the defendant as we were all exiting the court room, LoL

They can easily do that case with just the judge... we're all just waiting until at least 1600 to be finished with our day

View attachment 283515

Defendant s lawyer:

32838969.jpg

at least, they were entertained with my shenanigans. I hope it'll be another decade when they call me back again
You don’t understand anything about the legal system.... and you won’t until your being accused of something you didn’t do. People like you disgust me.

It’s not about doing it with one judge, it’s about defendant who is innocent until otherwise proven deciding to take a trail by jury instead of a trail by judge. It’s his/her right. Jury duty is not a joke, and it’s not about getting done and getting home. If you don’t wanna do it, write them a letter stating your issues.

Faceplanted

Okay internet troll
Believe or not, sometimes people are innocent, sometimes the police lie, and sometimes people want to use a trial by their peers. Police have to follow the constitution, just because you find drugs in somebody’s car doesn’t make it ok to violate their 4 amendment in the first place. Things like this happen all the time. Why take a plea if you didn’t do it? Jails are full of people in those exact situations.

like I said, until you’ve been in a position with police offers who lied on statements and facing charges for something you did not do, you will never understand. God forbid it happens to you and you have a jury full of lazy unamerican people like you who can’t even do what they are supposed to do and would rather hurry up and go home.

OrioN

I was accused by the cops once about hitting someone's mailbox. I pointed to my dashcam and let's review the footage... shrugs.

Cameras are everywhere, including schools, so whatever.

No need peers for a simple case like that

Faceplanted

I was accused by the cops once about hitting someone's mailbox. I pointed to my dashcam and let's review the footage... shrugs.

Cameras are everywhere, including schools, so whatever.

No need peers for a simple case like that
No need for anything than right? Are you the “end all be all” person who decides what case is a waste of time? That’s not how it works.

We have rights, just because you personally believe it’s a waste of time doesn’t matter at all.

And lmfao at a mailbox. #thuglife

OrioN

I missed that part of you saying it was in a car. It was on the person.

That defendant can't say it was his buddies pants.

& like I said earlier, in this industry, we're guilty until proven innocent.

Faceplanted

I missed that part of you saying it was in a car. It was on the person.

That defendant can't say it was his buddies pants.

& like I said earlier, in this industry, we're guilty until proven innocent.
I’m just using an example of an unlawful search and seizure.... you know like that whole stop and frisk thing that is a blatant violation of the 4th amendment.

cases are not as simple as “defendant was searched, defendant had drugs on his persons”.

But I’m sure you hearing the state attorney opening with that, you would already think he’s guilty and this is a waste of my time.

DOK

Supervision even acknowledged the fact we can have one thing coving our ear. But to get checked as I’m leaving the building to see where my phone is... that to me is just too far. I mean I’m waiting on phone calls from the VA and they don’t exactly give you a number to call back.
Flavor of the month where you’re at, was in our building last year. It only lasts a cpl of weeks.