photo contest

moreluck

golden ticket member
Okay, here goes, but only because of all of this star studded hoopla. I don't hardly EVER watch TV, for the simple fact, that there are silly show's about people, getting followed by camera's. People I don't know, or care about. Whether they are in swamps, junk yards, pawn shops, Tattoo parlors (do they still call them that?), on boats (greenpeace or hunting crab), or, awrd shows where the "stars" pat each other on the back, etc... I'll watch a movie every now and again, especially if it means spending time with someone I do care about, or love, but honestly, WHO CARE'S about this nonsense?
You mean you don't care about Hillybilly Handfishing ???????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You mean you don't care about Hillybilly Handfishing ???????
OMG I consider myself a red neck, and I will not go into a river under a rock shelf, and pull anything out. There could be a water spider or something worse. Now I will put a worm, minnow or crayfish on a hook. hillbilly handfishing. No way!!!!!!!!!!!
But I would drive on ice road truckers, not the other one though on the cliffs of the himilayas.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So I finally broke down and replaced my beat up old cellphone with a brand spankin' new iPhone. I love it, and the camera is waaaay better than the one on my old phone. Problem is, I cant upload any of the pictures onto Brown Cafe because there are too many KB's in the file. I am a real ignoramus when it comes to computer skills. Is there an easy way around this problem?

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
You need to reduce the dimensions of the photo to approximately 800 pixels on the long side. You can do this in any photo program. Remember though that you want to re-size, not crop. If you don't have a photo editing program, you can download a basic one like Picasa (free).

menotyou

bella amicizia
I have Picasa. Can't get anything to upload from it. I have to move whatever I want into a file in the Dell , inMy Pictuers. Cheryl changed the settings so, if you download your pics from the iPhone to your computer, you should be able to upload from there. I have the schnazzy new iPhone. I love it, but some days........

The reception is horrible where I live. Too rural, too close to Canada, I don't know. They are putting in a new fiber optic line for a cell tower. I hope that helps.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I just looked around on my phone real quick. Not sure how to do it? When emailing or otherwise sending the pic somewhere, it allows me to change the size, then. A pop-up asks you if you want to send it small, medium, large, or actual.

Hawaii50

I know its late.
6197811520_68dd8945a8.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
So I finally broke down and replaced my beat up old cellphone with a brand spankin' new iPhone. I love it, and the camera is waaaay better than the one on my old phone. Problem is, I cant upload any of the pictures onto Brown Cafe because there are too many KB's in the file. I am a real ignoramus when it comes to computer skills. Is there an easy way around this problem?
You can always email them to me and I'll be happy to resize and upload them for you. No problem.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Congrats to Prairiefire for a beauty of a pic. Well deserving of the win. Thanks to everyone that voted for mine also. I didn't think I would really care about it, but, I found myself checking the results every time I logged on. It was fun.

Dizzee

P.S. Thanks DS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Congrats to Prairiefire for a beauty of a pic. Well deserving of the win. Thanks to everyone that voted for mine also. I didn't think I would really care about it, but, I found myself checking the results every time I logged on. It was fun.

Dizzee

P.S. Thanks DS
I didn't know it was announced!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
DS is mia at the moment so I'm unsure if he's contacted anyone about winning or prizes etc.

It does look as if Prairiefire won with the most votes.

There were so many really good photos it was difficult to select just one.

If anyone is interested we can definitely set up another contest. I've got plenty of watches and other goodies we can use for prizes.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
DS is mia at the moment so I'm unsure if he's contacted anyone about winning or prizes etc.

It does look as if Prairiefire won with the most votes.

There were so many really good photos it was difficult to select just one.

If anyone is interested we can definitely set up another contest. I've got plenty of watches and other goodies we can use for prizes.
What, I missed the vote? Oh, and Cheryl, could you fix the software so that when I click on view the next post that was made, it takes me there, instead of having to scroll from MY last post?