photo contest

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That's really cool hoax,I see comparing the two that the roof has been redone and some new trees
have grown behind the building.History before my eyes.

You make the assumption that the painter painted the scene exactly as it appeared. I high doubt that is the case. If the painter was just painting the scene exactly as it appeared, they would just photograph it (I doubt they would snap a picture though Ovah.)

The painter starts with a blank canvas and adds only those elements that supports the composition and moves around elements so they appear in the eye of the rectangle and places entire elements higher and lower to conform to the rules of painting.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh come on. There IS no comparison.

One person snaps a picture and walks away.
One person takes days to create that image.

I like the painting better.

Now that you have exposed your ignorance of what photography is, I can assure you I have not "snapped" a picture in over twenty years. Ask my wife, I drive her crazy photographing a scene which may take 5 - 30 minutes or longer while she snaps a picture in 15 secs ... she use to think her snapshots were just as good. :wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You know, it was never suppose to be a conflict......Stug just wondered where he had seen that shot before and I wanted to help him. I knew it was a poster/painting many times over.

This scene has been painted thousands of times.
Photographed tens of thousands of times.
And snapped hundreds of thousands of times ... probably ovah a million times.:wink2:

Last edited:

old levi's

blank space
Now that you have exposed your ignorance of what photography is, I can assure you I have not "snapped" a picture in over twenty years. Ask my wife, I drive her crazy photographing a scene which may take 5 - 30 minutes or longer while she snaps a picture in 15 secs ... she use to think her snapshots were just as good. :wink2:

I think what Hoax is saying is: Over, you ignorant slut......................

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

I hear ya! Have had my wife and kids get up and walk away frequently. They tell me it takes WAY to long for me to take a photograph. Only when they see the finished product do they undwerstand.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You know, it was never suppose to be a conflict......Stug just wondered where he had seen that shot before and I wanted to help him. I knew it was a poster/painting many times over.
My story is way less grand, than all the banter, in here. I was being sarcastic at Hoax, because I saw his picture on facebook, before he posted it here, LOL. I'm so lame.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe you saw this painting of it before..................

Historic Barn, Mormon Row and Teton Mountain Range, Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, USA

by Michele Falzone Item #: 6220465

michele-falzone-historic-barn-mormon-row-and-teton-mountain-range-grand-teton-national-park-wyoming-usa.jpg

This is funny.

I just realized that this is actually a picture of another barn about a quarter mile south of the one I took a picture of. I have picture of it too.

Look at the windows and the fencing.

Good discussion though.

over9five

Staff member

Forgive me my opinion that the painting is better.

No need to insult me, TOS.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Forgive me my opinion that the painting is better.

No need to insult me, TOS.
You misunderstood my friend. I thought you were poking fun at me by saying that my photography was snapping a picture.

That is a common joke/jab among photographers to say that a captured image is a nice snapshot.

That is why I bolded and highlighted in red the word snap.

Perhaps you were insulting me in your ignorance of this inside joke.

PS - from Webster - lack of knowledge, education, or awareness in this case of what photography. So my use of "ignorance" here is not a slander but appropriate appraisal of your understanding of what a photographer does. We never, ever snap pictures.